Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tuesday mornin' comin' down....and a personals ad



I'm thinking of telling people I've taken up boxing. Because it's much cooler than "two labs smashed my face into the floor." The bright side is that this bruised bridge will match my eye makeup for the Hardin Sweaty show tonight. No one will notice.


Of course the moment I begin to fall truly, madly, messily in love with Scrubs, Zach Braff announces that he's leaving the show to work exclusively in film. *sigh*

As the school year creeps stealthily upon us, I find myself falling back into the every-fall habit of talking about shit no one cares about but me. The blog might be boring for a bit, babies. I'm short-sighted and self-absorbed, so I refuse to entertain you at the expense of my own angst. Tongue firmly in cheek. Sort of.

On the subject of shit no one cares about: the paper is tipping over the the halfway point. I shall overcome!

Since I might as well try to make you giggle with my sardonic wit, I give you a personals ad as I imagine I would write one...

SWF seeks non-douchebag who enjoys intellectual endeavors, reading, loud music, silliness, crass humor, cursing, food adventures, travel, and existential thought. The bi-curious, retarded (completely subjective), co-dependent, spineless, asexual, and he-mannish need not apply. Preferential treatment given to the tall, artistic, hilarious, and well-endowed among you. Let's get together--make each other pee a little from laughing too hard.

Listening: "Warning Sign"...Coldplay

19 comments:

  1. Andi,

    Everyone loves reading your thoughts, pointless or not, I'm sure; and I surely don't want you to end up with some low-life, mysogynistic jerkwad. Let it out, babe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks, Nancy. School chatter gets a bit grating for everyone I think. Me included. But, it's life right now (and will be for the next 4 years or so...oh God).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, if any guys from Chicago answer your ad, you could point them my direction.....

    just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...your nose sure is purty! Dayam, that musta hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Lulu. Will do.

    Vix, it really really did. And again when I accidentally hit it this morning (not hard, but hard enough to irk me).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What what what? No more Scrubs! Why don't I just die already!

    And your nose looks fine schweedie :) I didn't notice anything wrong until I really looked, and even then it might have been my over-active imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, it's more noticeable in person, GG. Very red and bumpy. And I know!!! My world has come partially crashing down due to the Scrubs revelation. However, being the amazing-huge dork that I am, I left Zach a "best of luck with the movies" message on his MySpace. Ugg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should SO post that and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Cold. I thought about it!!! Just to see the reaction would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've done something that should get you out of your funk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andi,
    I've answered that ad for about a year now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Os, what might that be? When will I find out?

    Todd, yet you're still several states away. Hmmphf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds better than my ad. Maybe I should've tried that. Maybe I would've had more luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dandi, the ad may be in the spirit of imagination and fun, but don't you have a boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your nose doesn't look bad, honey. I couldn't even tell it was bruised until I read down.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat, I'll let ya know how it works out!

    Non, no dear, I don't have a bf. We broke things off in March, and I've been single since. As for the nose, it's looking continually worse. It's turning from a gentle red to a purplish brown. Makeup didn't even touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like your ad. i'd probably use something very similar.

    school... blah. I start on Monday and I'm freaked out!!!

    and yes, boxing would be a better story! it'd be hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kitty, I'm not ready for school. Blahhhh. And boxing would be hardcore. Or kickboxing! Or I could have been a target of the Russian mafia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Andi, I'm sorry.

    And hopefully I will be more up to date on your happenings now that I'm regularly haunting your blog again. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!