Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ugg...

I'm academically constipated!!! I can feel the paper hovering there just inside my head, and it's building, and building. And now it's starting to hurt, but it just won't DISLODGE! I just need to spew 12 pages of bullshit by Thursday, and I can go on with my life (thesis). Fuck.

In the meantime I've been doing stuff for Estella. As usual, Yahoo is being a crotchety old bitch, so I can't do anything with the newly formed discussion forum. I wanted to make it pretty and get some test posts going, but it's not happening. *staring at the white screen of death*

Bitch, bitch, moan.

I watched Secretary Friday night (one and a half times), and would now really like James Spader to bend me over a desk. Who'd have thought? Incidentally, I also watched the first disc of the first season of Scrubs and would really like Zach Braff to bend me over a desk. Go figure.

Edit: Worming my way to 5 pages. And I just saw the House preview for season three. OH MY GOD. He's hot. Hot hot hot. Me, James Spader, Hugh Laurie, Zach Braff. That's a hell of a sandwich. I'm gonna try my best to have a dream about that tonight.

Listening: "Clear the Area"...Imogen Heap

13 comments:

  1. james spader has the smarmy/sexy thing going for him. i liked him in Boston Legal. l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you get bent over a desk, it'd help dislodge all those words in your head and help them flow?

    Hey, it could work! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea. I recommend tea. With two sugars, and milk. Not lemon and all that weird contentental shit that's becoming fashionable. Milk and sugar.

    I always drink tea when I work. I has a decent amount of caffeine in it, to keep you awake, and sugar, to give your typing fingers energy, and the milk... makes it taste nicer. Earl Grey is best, but if not plain old English Breakfast will do.

    There have indeed been several late night trips to the supermarket for panic tea-buying when I have an essay to finish and we run out.

    I would also advise trying to write on paper with a pencil, as opposed to typing. Maybe I'm just weird, but I find that essay-type ideas flow better when wrting than typing.

    Also, Zach Braff + Desk = yum.

    Hell, Zach Braff + anything = yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LE, exactly! He's very intense. I haven't seen him on Boston Legal because I simply don't have time for another addiction--as yummy as it would undoubtedly be!

    Vixen, GREAT IDEA! Sex as creativity booster. Brilliant!

    GG, I'll try the tea. As of now I'm a big chai fan. Haven't ever tried English Breakfast or Earl Grey (how sad, yes?). I've been doing the writing on paper thing, and it does help. Usually it's just notes--nothing substantial--but it does get me going again.

    Zach + anything = right on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by clear the area, you mean a part of your anatomy, I just know it. That was a fun film, Secretary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Name the time and place, and I'll bring my own desk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally heart me some Zack Braff.

    I cried the first time I saw Secretary because I realized that there were other people like me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like chai myself, but the rest of the family don't, and as they already put up with my Earl Grey addiciton, I'm not going to push it. i do urge you to try Earl Grey. It is exceedingly yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Secretary. Very hot. I want Maggie Gyllenhall (sp?) to bend me over a desk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm double decker sandwich!

    Good luck with the paper...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Maggie in that movie.

    hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn, Dale. You cracked my code. :)

    Todd, you got it. You're so efficient.

    Lulu, Zach is such a cutie tooter. I've always had a thing for prominent noses. Have yet to figure that one out.

    I certainly will, GG. Probably pick some up this week.

    Amanda, isn't that the truth? She's gorrrgeous.

    Thanks, Funky!

    Cold, I agree. She was quite the nice bit of eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, yeah, James Spader is right up there. I had to throw away my copy of Secretary. I had a 13-year-old boy in the house, at the time, and he was getting into all the stuff he shouldn't. I tossed the ones I thought were bad for his young psyche. Such a sad waste of money to protect a tender mind. I couldn't part with Sex, Lies and Videotape, though. Just couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!