Thursday, September 28, 2006

If You're Happy & You Know It, Blow Your Nose!



The snot monster wins again. I feel like ass and I have no time to do so.

To do before Monday:
  • Write 3 abstracts for various conferences.
  • Read Feed
  • Read Baudrillard "Simulacra" essay
  • Read Chapter 2 of My Fundamentalist Education for my 101 class
  • Grade 44 essays
  • Revise paper I'll be presenting in Savannah next Friday
  • Be "honored" at a high school reunion Saturday night for my academic accomplishments (the Alumni Association likes to show off past scholarship recipients)
  • Get titles together to pass them off to someone to make up panels for the conference we're throwing on October 20th
  • Get the 'zine online

Pray for my soul.

Currently: Laying around in my pj's wishing to watch the last disc of season 3 of Scrubs. Enjoying the new knowledge that I most certainly passed my comps and D-rock is sending suggestions for structuring the proposal. And enjoying the fact that I've lost 7 pounds since Sunday. Life's pretty good. Overwhelming, but good.

Talked to SoD last night. Awkward. Date is looking unlikely for this weekend.

Cooking for dinner: Balsamic chicken and veggie saute!

7 comments:

  1. my eggs are in the Brit basket.

    take some time for yourself here in the next few days lest you lose your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching Magnolia tonight while eating cheese sticks and sugar free pudding. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the worst fights with the snot monster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tellin' ya, that's so true. I have horrible allergies (even allergic to my own dogs), and they cause me problems year 'round, but I usually get seriously sick in October/November right around my birthday. I'm a little earlier than usual this year. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! I've got a weird cold right now...one nostril is a little plugged but that's it. It's not allergies, it's a weird semi-cold. C'mon, shit or get off the pot! Incapacitate me or something other than this purgatory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the same boat. Allergies suck! It's messing with my love of fall, but the cooler temps are still worth it.
    Here's hoping you find some excellent drugs (legal of course! :P) to take your mind off them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you're busy. Really busy. Yikes.

    Sorry the snot monster has attacked again. :( He hasn't gotten me yet, I hope he stays far far away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!