Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am a waste of space....

I'm so worthless today!!!!!

OK, not just today. I've been rather worthless since the weekend, too. With the exception of Sunday. Sunday I did some stuff.

I need to do the following (to-do list for my own good):

Finish review
Write letter for DO to sign
Finish grading this MASS OF PAPERS
Read some theory for my thesis (Kristeva, Derrida, Bakhtin)
WRITE MY THESIS PROPOSAL WHICH IS DUE MONDAY!!!!

And tomorrow and Friday I have parties to attend. Halloween ones. And a birthday one on Saturday.

But all I wanna do is sleep. Why, oh why, did the insomnia have to strike last night? I got to bed at 3:30am and thought seriously about just coming to work at that point. I was very motivated in the middle of the night.

Listening: the hum of my own doom

11 comments:

  1. I hate those nights where I am unable to sleep and seriously consider going in to the office at 3 am. It's spooky up here that early/late, that's the only reason why I don't come in.

    Good luck with the list. I need some Halloween parties to go to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad.

    I'm just now getting around to the thesis proposal...if I can keep myself away from various distractions, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I wonder why you just want to sleep, busy girl.
    I'd take one look at that list and pull the covers over my head. I hate being really busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Kristeva! Abjection rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh ... you do realize we'll need pics of you in your Halloween costume. We'll expect them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cold, it's spooky in our building too. Rumor has it it's haunted by the child of a former prof who fell through one of the skylights and died.

    E, I'm worthless, you're worthless, we're all worthless.

    Kat, I slept for 10.5 hours last night. So I'm right there with you under the covers.

    LOL, Amanda. Gotta love it.

    Will do, Cincy. The costume has changed from Jesus. I'm going as something pretty (but still badass).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uugghh, I'm in the same boat Andi - just want to sleep and do nothing but have oh so much to do...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have any ideas to what costume you are wearing to C Dog's party? Is it supposed to be a book character theme, or just a general costume part?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funky, I need sleep. Now! Gonna go home and do that.

    T, it's an anything goes, general costume party. I'll probably be a disgruntled college student.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! I really hope your proposal comes together. I hate that feeling of having something hanging over my head when I'm trying to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Anita! I hate this feeling too. I'll be SO glad to be done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!