Monday, October 16, 2006

STOP IT!


My uterus is currently staging a hostile takeover and winning by a mile. I fucking hate womanhood (except for a few choice parts of it). I feel like a very messy fire hydrant.

I watched Kill Bill, Vol 1 last night, and OH MY GOD. Loved it. Absolutely flingin'-flangin' loved it. I've never loved Uma Thurman but I love her now. And I love Lucy Lu even more. New girl-crush perhaps? Oh yes, I say. I will be watching awesome girl-samurai movies ASAP. In fact, to your left you'll see the ever-meek Lady Snowblood. Rock out, Lady Snowblood. In the meantime, call me Lady Snowflood.

I had a sudden attack of "must buy fragrances" yesterday which resulted in the purchase of Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion and perfume spray from Bath & Body Works as well as the purchase of the Brown Sugar & Fig perfume. I can't stop sniffing myself. I seem to have an unconscious urge for all things Japanese. Now if sushi was just on the South Beach diet. I could certainly suck the fish out of the sushi rolls, but the rice is a no-no.

Listening: the songs in my head...oddly enough "Red Right Hand" is today's in-head song of choice. Fitting given my fiery, bloody mood.

16 comments:

  1. ha funny picture.

    hope you feel better soon. that's the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scare me on days like this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soj, isn't it lovely? Thanks for the well-wishes, I'm about to mainline my second hit of Aleve for the day.

    Os, I thought I scared you every day? Damnit. I must be losing my touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the first one, loved the second one even more....and no sequel could be more different than its predecessor. Look forward to your thoughts on Kill Bill Vol. 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carl, I was just talking to a friend about Vol. 2 this morning. He said it was more on the cheesey funny side of Japanese movies as opposed to #1 in which Tarantino stuck to all the cool aspects of samurai flicks. Agreed or no? Looking very forward to it. I'm bumping it up on my Netflix list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you also be a.k.a Estella sassypads? Four pages in on the review, need two more. See you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eeeekkkk- yes I think that my body is planning an assualt of epic proportions this month as well. Stupid reproductive cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andi, I'm sorry you are hurting, but I have something that might make you feel better.

    Hugh Laurie

    HOSTING SNL

    this WEEKEND!!!

    Can I get an OMIGOD??

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEK, next week, next week, but STILL! I am beyond excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was so much to love about Kill Bill. But I've never really felt the urge to rewatch, so I guess however much I enjoyed it, it just didn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy shit, Beth. Elise and I are struggling to get to 4 pages.

    Cold, I hate my innards. Blah!

    HEATHER!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! He's gonna be effin' hilarious. Can't wait!

    Fence, I went ahead and bumped vol. 2 up on my Netflix list. I hope it's good too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love Kill Bill! It's so empowering to the women folk! AND the greatest thing happened to me. It was my b-day about a month ago and my uncle gave me a gift card for $50. Well, I didn't look at it that well but I thanked him. I thought it was for BEd, Bath and Beyond - wouldn't surprise me, he is a man. THEN today I looked at it and it's for BATH & BODY WORKS! I am so pumped. Going shopping tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY!!! Smelle the Japanese Cherry Blossom. I promise you it's the yummiest smell EVA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you know that if you type in estellasrevenge.blogpsot.com it pops up with some Christian bible college weirdness? Pretty trippy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judge Vol. 2 for yourself, the whole thing was great.

    I wish I had thought of Sassypads, good work Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, gonna have to try that, Beth.

    Dale, vol 2 should be here this evening. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!