Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from Texas where it's cold for the moment and raining hard enough to make me wish I'd invested in an ark this year.

Finally, I'm in the Christmas spirit. We had our collective family get together here yesterday: Mom, myself, Cousin 1, his wife and 3 kids, Cousin 2 and her husband and 3 kids. We ate honey-baked ham, potato salad, and a barrage of munchies: Rotel cheese dip, artichoke parmesan dip, and cajun ham dip. Not to mention deviled eggs, salad, and a veggie tray. For dessert, banana pudding and pecan pie.

Holy fatass, Batman!

The only ugly incident was when Cousin 2's hubby said, "So, Andi, when do you think you're moving? You know you'll be right back just like when you tried moving to North Carolina."

Grrrrrrr. I made a very smartassy remark that put him in his place and he kissed ass for the rest of the day. I shall refrain from repeating it here since it alludes to a sensitive family subject that I shan't go into. But anywho, I was redeemed and he looked like the asshole he can be from time to time.

It was a good afternoon of eating, chatting, and gift giving/receiving. I received a Joe's Crab Shack gift card (after Cousin 2 lost the Barnes & Noble gift card she bought for me), an embroidered teachery bag (says, "Andi's A+ Students" and lists all 6 of my lil cousins' names), and....drum roll....an 8 GB iPod nano from my mom.

Finding ourselves quite overwhelmed by all the gifty goodness, Mom and I went ahead and exchanged all of our gifts (yes, on the 23rd...2 days before Christmas). I gave her:

  • $50 Wal-Mart gift card after I couldn't find the can opener and chopper thingy that she wanted
  • Cool Water for Women (so she'd stop stealing mine)
  • Moonlight Path perfume from Bath & Body Works
  • Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? Questions You'd Only Ask Your Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour...by a couple of doctors. The 2nd in this series after I bought Why Do Men Have Nipples? Questions You'd Only Ask Your Doctor After Your Third Martini last year.
  • A Crown Royal (Canadian whiskey for those non-drinkers out there) gift set....big bottle of Crown and a couple of nice glasses.
  • And last, but certainly not least, an amethyst necklace.

I received:

  • A cover for my nano.
  • A car kit for the nano so I can play it through my car stereo.
  • The Essential Bob Dylan....2-disc set
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • A casual navy blue shirt.
  • An M.C. Escher calendar.
  • Sims 2: Pets expansion pack

And as an added bonus, Mom won a Playstation 2 at work last week, so we've been playing our old Playstation original games and we bought Sims 2: Bustin' Out, a Spongebob game, and I've been playing a Family Guy game like mad.

Today was a fun day. Mom and I tooled around in G-vegas and in the grand tradition of watching horror movies on Christmas Eve (something that started several years ago when we found ourselves in the theater on Christmas Eve watching Scream and some others) we popped Shaun of the Dead in ye olde DVD player. Mom had never seen it and I think she loved it almost as much as I do. We topped off the day by watching A Christmas Story (another one she hadn't seen), and waiting up for Cousin 2's hubby to come get the kids' Christmas presents out of our garage...2 dirtbikes and a little battery-powered John Deere Gator 4-wheeler thingy for the little one.

On that note, I'm about to call it a day. I hope you're all having a wonderful time with people you care about. I wish you the best!

Listening: a nano shuffle.....

  1. "Get Him Back"....Fiona Apple
  2. "Cry"...James Blunt
  3. "Angry Angel"...Imogen Heap
  4. "Satyam Shivam Sundaram"...Thievery Corporation
  5. "Not Fade Away"...Buddy Holly
  6. "Isolation"...Maximo Park
  7. "Hurricane"...Bob Dylan
  8. "It's All Over Now"...Bob Dylan
  9. "Glory Box"...Portishead
  10. "Kissing the Lipless"...The Shins

19 comments:

  1. Andi -- Merry Christmas and Snappy New Year!! It sounds like everything went smashingly and I'm a little hungry with your dips and devilled eggs and such.

    An iPod? Yay! Now you're in love, love I tell you!

    Sounds like you're already having a yule that's cool. Peace and happiness. And iTunes and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Andi! Enjoy your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dale, our dips and such were the best in town! And yes, the iPod = love! Now if I could find a decent car kit that doesn't sound yucky. The one mom bought me had so much interference on the 88.whatever stations that we bought another that I *think* is going to be better. We'll see.

    Peace and snappiness to you too! I hope it's a good day.

    Thanks, Les! I hope you're having a wonderful holiday.

    Merry Christmas to you too, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Andi!! I'm SO glad that the spirit came and kicked you in the butt!

    I've got big news I'll email you about later!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzah for new toys! Glad you had a good time. And Christmas wouldn't really be complete without a snarky comment to some family member who TOTALLY deserved it, would it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Os, can't wait to hear the news!

    Jen, amen sista!

    Sassy, same to you! I hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a Merry Christmas to you too, Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heheh, isn't that the truth, Kat? Gotta love the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas!

    Did I mention I'm wearing a mistletoe belt? That's right, you get to kiss my certain special someone.

    muhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Christmas feast sounds fabulous! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas!

    Heather
    www.thelibraryladder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas, Andi! Sounds like an amazing one - - though I didn't see too many books in there. However, the iPod more than makes up for any lack of literature. I wish I could help with the car kit, but the one I have works well, but doesn't exactly sound terrific. It muffles all the high and low sounds so the music sounds pretty flat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a good Christmas. Ours wasn't too bad either.

    When are we playing? And are we going to see the Goose's band on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Johnny, I was just reminiscing about the days when you made comments that didn't involve your wang. Awww.

    Thanks, Heather! It was yummy and something a little out of the ordinary. I get so sick of typical "holiday food" 'round this time of year.

    Anita, I've had that problem and it drives me positively mad! Like, I don't think I can deal with that! And I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use headphones while driving a car. LOL

    Can't wait to eat tomorrow, E. I want some good food that I didn't have to cook or assist with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh, Rotel cheese dip. Now your family does Christmas right. I'm moving in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!