Friday, December 29, 2006

Politicking

I'll be the first to tell you that I get really wrapped up and impassioned about politics. I actually almost always refuse to talk about it or debate about it because there's always the possibility that I'll get completely inflamed and stirred up to the point that my head explodes. How immature, you say? Yeah, well, get the hell off my page then. Kidding (not really).

Anywho, the whole point of this post is to highlight my excitement and nervousness as candidates begin to pop out of the woodwork and make their respective charges toward party nominations. I have to tell you, if Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both make a run for the Democratic nomination I will absolutely crap my pants with joy. And the thought of them running together for President and Vice (in any order) is almost enough to make me drop to my knees and thank God almighty for some semblance of hope for humanity. I can only hope that the Bush administration has pissed the country off to the point that slower-thinking Normans of the world can suck it up, catch up with the rest of the planet and elect a woman or a partially black man.

John Edwards announced his candidacy for the Democratic nomination today, and I have to say, I think he's a pansyass lame-o with not enough spine to get anything done. I hope he gets blown away ASAP by a worthier candidate.

And if you're wondering--despite my obvious political passions--I will never run for public office. I'm sure this blog would be enough to get me crucified.

iPod says: "Screaming Infidelities"...Dashboard Confessional

6 comments:

  1. We need to be best friends forever. Beginning now. I agree 100 percent. probably I'll be linking to this post in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! I completely agree that it is about time. Let us keep our collective fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad there's people out there like you to counterbalance people like me. I avoid politics religiously, other than to know enough to make informed decisions. If campaigning could be narrowed down to the last 2-3 weeks before elections, I'd be a happy camper.

    That being said, I'll proudly admit that I didn't vote for Bush. Any of them. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, BFF!!!!

    Fem, amen sista!

    Os, someone has to do it, and apparently it's in my genes because I've literally been passionate about politics since 4th grade (Bush/Dukakis race). I can remember debating the issues wayyy back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were right ... I love this post and I love you!! We'll have to start saving for Mexico immediatley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about John Edwards. Boy, he really helped John Kerry in the South last time, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!