Friday, December 22, 2006

Time Off

I decided, after my thesis proposal, to give myself a week off. So far I've been at the office every day of my week off...including the weekend since I was housesitting and right down the street. I realized, as I tried to relax, that there was much to be done, so I've spent the better part of the week getting my writing sample spiffed up, my statement of purpose written, and my CV updated--and all of this printed on very nice cotton paper. In short, PhD applications are done (except I'm waiting on one recommendation letter from a prof...thus my presence at the office at this particular moment...waiting on him). I also started and just about finished the syllabus for my Spring class last night. Now, I'm housesitting AGAIN right down the street from the office. From today until Tuesday i'll be sitting in the 'Merce with some breaks in there to go spend quality time with the fam for Christmas. Likely I'll just end up right back here at the office since I have a draft of 3 chapters of my thesis due in mid-January.

Good. Times.

After I get out of here for the day (soon, I hope) I plan to go back to Thesis Director's house, curl up with her cats and a book (The Amber Spyglass) and vegetate. I brought Gangs of New York, Shopgirl, and Shaun of the Dead to watch, so we'll see what I'm in the mood for.

I'm feeling neither chatty nor particularly entertaining (mostly sleepy and grumpy) so I'll take my leave. I hope you're all half-nekkid (off work, obviously) and neck-deep in yummy fruitcake (not the dry, gross kind).

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Andi! Hope you get a little relaxation through all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, have a great Christmas. All I wanted for Christmas was you...maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been working on doctoral apps also. It's quite tiresome.

    We should have a play date next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Andish! Love ya babe!

    PS: Got your note, no problem. Love late presents, makes the holiday longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Os, thanks! I'm relaxing as we speak!

    Todd, Merry Christmas to you hun. I'll see what I can do about next year. ;)

    E. we definitely need a play date. I'm thinking sushi. Or perhaps Joe's Crab Shack since I got a gift card today.

    Heatheroo, Merry Christmas to you and your brood! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Andi - Just wanted to wish you a happy Christmas. Enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get some good R&R&R (rest, relaxation, and reading) time in over the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Iliana! Same to you!

    Thank you, Les! So far I'm suffering from the English major curse: very little reading. My brain hurts. :)

    Merry Christmas to you too, Tish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!