Sunday, December 10, 2006

Weird & Wicked

Dena tagged me with the meme in which the taggee lists 6 weird things about le self, and Blitch tagged me to list 6 wicked things about myself. So here we go...

Weird:

1. I hate being naked. I never sleep naked, I don't run around the house naked. It just feels weird and wrong.

2. I laugh (out loud) at the things I think sometimes. People look at me funny. If they only knew.

3. I obsessively clean/prune my fingernails.

4. I fake-sing in church. Even though I have a good voice, I just don't wanna sing along with everyone else.

5. I hate clothes shopping. I'm going to have to buckle down and by some new bras because the underwire finally came all the way out of one of them and I'm forced to purchase new ones.

6. I order Diet Coke with everything. Including the biggest, greasiest burger imaginable. I figure the Diet Coke is still better than sugar-syrup along with my greasy burger. Greasy should be pronounced greeeezy.

Wicked:

1. I'm an incorrigible flirt if I find someone flirt-worthy. Otherwise, I'm decidedly against eyelash batting and other such coy, girly crap.

2. I've been labeled "the perv" amongst my friends because I really enjoy shocking people and/or invoking an uncomfortable silence (mouths usually hanging open and whatnot).

3. I'm finally going through my adolescence right here at age 26. Party!

4. I'm a book hoarder (shout out to Elise). I bet I've bought 30 books in the last couple of months. I shudder to think how many I've bought this year. Luckily, I'm not alone; all the English nerds are doin' it.

5. I love slutty eye makeup. The more liner and fake lashes I can get away with, the better.

6. I've had 17 sex dreams in my life. Each and every one was special. *snort*

Watching: Something to Talk About

17 comments:

  1. I am so anti-gratuitous nudity as well. I think we've had this conversation before.

    Book hoarding is the shit.

    I was having a converstaion the other day about books: Which is better (or maybe more fun) buying books or reading books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that could be the eternal question: which is more fun, buying or reading. I love me some book fondling for sure. And speaking of reading, I think I'll get offling and do that. I need to read Kristeva and Bahktin, but I want to read Auster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And is it even the act of "reading" itself, or the feeling of finishing a book and having read something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you flirt with me while wearing slutty eye makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore being naked. I get naked as often as possible, I sleep naked, wander around my apartment in as little as possible.....naked is great.

    I am a book horder too. I wrote a post a while ago about the fact that I was in the middle of a dozen books. I love buying them, owning them, smelling them, and eventually reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally reaching adolescence somewhere in the mid-twenties...you and me both, man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elise, probably the feeling of finishing and having read something. Otherwise we wouldn't obsessively count what we read, etc. I like to stack the books up like bodies.

    Todd, I'll even flirt with you naked.

    Lulu, one thing I can't handle is reading too many books at once. Maybe two at the most. If I read much more than that I start feeling bogged down and like it's taking me too long to finish one. Taking too long to finish a book is the kiss of death as I'll eventually get frustrated and put it down all together.

    LOL, Jen! It had to happen sometimes, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't sleep naked either. People think I'm weird. I may fall asleep, but I wake up an hour later with this urge to put something on as fast as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Under your Weird I'm all but number 6.
    Are you my semi-clone?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I'm with you on the hating clothes-shopping thing. Actually I don't really like shopping in general...seems like such a waste of time when I could be reading or writing or seeing a movie or drinking. We all have our priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, how can you hate being naked and be a perv with slutty eye make-up at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kat, I do that too re: waking up. Hate hate hate sleeping naked.

    Red, could be! Thanks for stopping in! :)

    Amen, Courtney! I'm all about priorities and shopping doesn't factor in (unless it's book shopping). lol

    LOL, Blitch! I like being naked if there's a payoff, but gratuitous nudity, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love buying more books than I can ever read.

    And, I love to wear eye makeup but have never mastered the art of fake eyelashes. Gah. I really want to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Iliana, I love buying books but sometimes I become overwhelmed by my huge TBR pile. Too many choices send me into a spaz attack. lol

    As for the eyelashes, you should most definitely try them. They're a great way to go from everyday to glam in no time. I feel like a minx in my fake eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHA! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing so freely.

    P.S.: "Blitch" is one of the most inspired words I've read in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love being naked. I sleep naked, run around the house naked, you name it!

    And like you, I can't get enough eye makeup! ahhhh...

    I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, no problem, Lisa!

    Tish, yay for makeup! I'll let you know if I ever come round to the nekkid side!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!