Monday, January 29, 2007

Estella Rising!


You may be thinking that Estella's Revenge is dead in the water, but I'm here to tell ya that it just ain't so. Heather, Amanda, and I have been scheming, and they agree with my inclination that Estella needs a new focus. A new face. A new purpose.

The new Estella is all about books.

That's right, kids, we're narrowing the 'zine's focus to books in an effort to make things a bit more purposeful and a little more manageable. So, we need you. If you're a bookish individual please contact me with any interest you might have in writing for us. We're looking for reviews (of your own books. We get books from publishers occasionally, but it'll take some growing to make it a full-time endeavor), features, columns, and fiction if you have it. We'd like to tell people about bookish goodies, bookish websites, bookish gathering places, and you can even take our readers on a reading tour of your town if you'd like! All things bookish are welcome. We might even republish your favorite bookish blog post if that's what you'd like to submit!

Please e-mail me at andi (at) estellasrevenge.com if you're interested. And pass on the word! If you're so inclined, use your respective web space to help us recruit writers. We hope to have a new issue online in March.

11 comments:

  1. I too enjoy reading your books.

    Like Hustler and Penthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? (see above comment from Joh)

    Andi, I think this is a fabulous idea and once I get a bit of my nerve up, I'd definitely be interested in writing something (perhaps for a future issue - writing isn't my strong point as you know). I'll be blabbing about it on my blog later to help get the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I think you write just fine! And we've had anonymous posters in the past, if you wanted to go that way. Won't speak for Andi, but I know I'd love to have anything you want to give us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joh, you just gotta be johnny! *lick*

    Heather (Orange Blossom), like the other Heather said below, you can definitely go anon if you want! I would LOVE having anything you might wanna submit. Having read your blog for a good while now, I feel certain that Estella's Revenge would benefit from your contributions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I have to say is when is the new edition out!! I can't wait to read it. I'm sure it will be fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Iliana! We're shooting for March 1st! Keep an eye out, and if you're so inclined, a plug on your blog could be VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might well be up for contributing. I do tend to ramble and talk bollocks though, and often have no idea of what I'm talking about. But hey, it's what I do for a living, dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BD, if you're interested, I'll add you to our writers' mailing list so you'll be abreast of new deadlines and whatnot. You can contact me at the e-mail listed in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great facelift - I can't wait to read it (and perhaps participate).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great, Les! We'd love to have some of your material!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm probably too casual in my writing style, but if you're interested I might give it a shot writing for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!