Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Meme for Lulu....

I actually can't remember if I've done this one before, but either way I'm going to go with answers that are different from the standards you've committed to memory. Tryin' to give ya something different, but still true, of course. Thanks for the tag, Lulu!

Three screen names that you’ve had: Lriggs, epic_blue, flicker99

Three things you like about yourself: My nails (they grow longish), my good taste in friends, my willingness to act afool when it's appropriate.

Three things you don’t like about yourself: My sizeable ass, my weird-curly hair, my pores.

Three parts of your heritage: Irish (explains the drinking), North Carolinian (my pioneering Irish ancestors moved to Texas from North Carolina, so perhaps that explains my fondness for road trips), Texan (explains the twangy speech, the taste for TX-style bbq, my need to drive aggressively, my fondness for nice man-ass in snug jeans and Stetson hats)

Three things that scare you: Ann Coulter, the idea of ghosts, the threat of a tornado

Three of your everyday essentials: Diet Caffeine-Free Coke, Eclipse gum, Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion

Three things you are wearing right now: A HUGE black t-shirt that touches me nowhere, boy-shorts, a smile.

Three of your favorite songs: "Top of the World" (Dixie Chicks), "Get Him Back" (Fiona Apple), "Last Train to Clarksville" (The Monkees)

Three things you want in a relationship: Extensive foreplay, intellectual conversation, silliness.

Three things you can’t live without: My iPod (now), my Razr, my mom.

Three places you want to go on vacation: England (lots of English accents there...and famous things to see like Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey), back in time to the Royal Library at Alexandria (Egypt), the Very Large Array (astronomical observatory in New Mexico)

Three things you just can’t do: Wash dishes with wet food stuck all over them, see a maggot, not have the last word

Three kids names: Brady, Grace, Eris (family thing)

Three things you want to do before you die: Build my dream house, skydive, get a kickass tattoo

Three celeb crushes: Alan Rickman's voice, the lead singer of Incubus's abs, Steve Carell in all his hilarious, hairy glory.

Three of your favorite musicians: Vince Gill, Chris Thile, Emily Robison

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you: That man-V thing (thank, Lu, you took the words right out of my mouth), nice teeth, muscular legs

Three of your favorite hobbies: Acrylic painting, paper crafts (cards, bookmarks, stamping, etc.), cooking

Three things you really want to do badly right now: Eat something chocolatey, wish my thesis into existence, sleep

Three careers you’re considering/you’ve considered: Astronomer (until I began to fall asleep in my freshman astronomy class and resorted to reading Stephen King novels in lectures to stay awake), trapeze artist (elementary school), interior designer

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy: I use Right Guard deodorant (looove the way the "Cool" flavor smells), curse like a sailor, I drool over motorcycles (the bigger and louder, the better)

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl: I love shiny things (specifically jewelry of the silver/white gold/platinum variety), I usually cry when I watch Oprah, Target is an oasis (especially the home decor section)

Listening: "I Hope"...Dixie Chicks

4 comments:

  1. Because you know I've got it--do you have the Chris Thile album (about 2 years old now)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Os, surprisingly enough, I don't have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this. I didn't know you liked card making/rubber stamping! How long have I been reading your blog and have missed this?! Don't know if you know this but there's a rubber stamp/scrapbook convention in Mesquite this weekend! http://www.stampscraparttour.com/
    I went last year and they had some very good demos and lots of stuff. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate and I can go again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iliana, unfortunately I didn't get to check out the convention in Mesquite, but my pocket book is VERY glad of that. LOL I've been doing paper crafts for a longgg time now. I've curbed the habit quite a bit since I got into grad school, only enjoying stamping very rarely when I have time to drag out all my supplies. But it's a lot of fun, and I hope I can get back to it one of these days (soon).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!