We have Martin Luther King Day off from school/work, so the responsibilities don't technically kick in again until Tuesday. This semester promises to be another big asswhip, but it's the last semester of my Master's degree and that, in itself, seems like a small miracle. Has it really been 2 years already? I suppose so, since I'm approaching my 2nd blogaversary.
On the docket for this semester:
- Teach a Tues/Thurs afternoon class at the JC
- Teach Written Argument and Research and assist in an Intro to Children's Lit class on MWF at the university
- Take a Lit Theory class on Thursday nights
- Write the remainder of my thesis (approx 2 chapters down...Introduction/Review of the Literature, and a chapter over folktale retellings in the series I'm workin' with)
- Defend my thesis...tentatively scheduled for the beginning of March
- 4 conferences....one at my university (Feb.) one in Albuquerque (Feb.), one in Nashville (March) and one in Houston (April)
- Try to maintain an active social life
It promises to be trying at best, but I'm ready to bust through it and be done with this degree. And, hopefully, move on to my Ph.D. at a good school next year. For now, my syllabi are done, my clothes are picked out, and I'm good and rested after an overwhelmingly relaxed vacation.
I'm off to catch up on some blogs and continue reading The End of the Affair--my January TBR Challenge book.
Night, my lovelies.