Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Snot Monster Wins

It's official. I feel like crap. What was a developing cold has mushroomed into a full on, head filling, nose tingling, sneeze inducing, really gross physical episode. I'm drugged up, fed up, doped up, pissed off chica. The JC is trying to screw me over on my Spring class, I can't get anyone on the phone, I've had next to no sleep, and I SHOULD be finishing the last little tiny bit of work on the encyclopedia entry (wrote 500 words yesterday...100 more to go).


I'll be horizontal in my bed, wrapped up burrito-style in my blankets, praying for a reprieve from this snot monster attack.


And I have an all-day training session tomorrow. Yay.


Watching: Paula Poundstone: Look What the Cat Dragged In

17 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Sending you some snot monster be gone vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely sympathize! Did you try the Brandy and Xanax? I skipped the latter last night and went for good old Triaminic (the yellow "expectorant" stuff). Blech! But it works. Of course, now it's only packaged for children so you have to pretty much double the dosage. Hope you're feeling much better by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Andi, I hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it leaves you quickly. I think I'll head to the doctor today in an attempt to stave off the yuckiness. Mine might be sinus. Hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. blah! not nice! hope you're vertical again soon. had to chuckle at the label though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sorry. Feel better, Andi.

    What's this Les said about brandy and xanax? Sounds delicious. Good way to get sleep, I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You shouldn't have left last night. You missed some excitement. I am sure you will hear all about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better.

    Only 2 days of freedom left...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had a very amusing few minutes catching up with your blog. Ta for that.

    My author bio would read something like this: "badgerdaddy fucking rocks."

    My last sentence... That's a tough one. "He was quite a nice bloke, and he had smiley blue eyes."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the get well wishes! I'm feel mush mush betta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you're feeling better! I feel your pain. I've been battling sinus infections for months!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!