Friday, January 19, 2007

Tired

I find myself, on this cold, dank night, wishing like hell for a break from all the proverbial bullshit. Whether it's drama in the department or a handful too many revisions to do on a project that was ultimately a lark, I'm just not in the mood for all the obligations. It's days like these that drive me to wish I could get away from here. And talk to no one.

I'm fine. It's late. I needed to vent. I'll get up, teach two classes in the morning, and then lock myself away to work on my thesis and a presentation for the duration of the weekend.

Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May. Graduation is in May.

I just keep tellin' myself that!

7 comments:

  1. It's OK, Andi, you can vent anytime! We would all go totally insane if we didn't let it out every once in awhile...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent away, that's what all of this is for.

    Yes, I am interested in hearing your theory so I will be emailing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. less than 4 months mama! Hang in there. I know it's tough but so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt that you can do this. Think what a sense of accomplishment you'll feel in four months! We're all here for you, so vent away. And maybe reward yourself with something really special on the first of each month until you graduate. It might help mark the passage and help make the goal feel more attainable. During Amy & Rachel's last semesters of undergrad school, I sent them each a surprise gift at the beginning of each month just to give them a little boost of encouragement. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya! But you're almost there, the finish line is in sight!


    Ari (Baking and Books)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kim!

    Cold, amen!

    Funky, I keep telling myself that! hehe

    Thanks, Kat! It's good to know someone else is goin' nuts too!

    That's actually a really good idea, Les! I can justify buying more books as a reward! lol

    Thanks, Ari!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!