Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bath bombs and tea and money, OH MY!

Eiluned, being the very bad influence she is, introduced me to TWO new and addictive websites this week.


The first is Fantasy Bath, which specializes in organic(ish) homemade bath products like bath bombs, body butter bars, salt scrubs, and other such smelly goodies. I received a graduate travel fund reimbursement check today, so I took it upon myself to order two bath bombs: Cherry Blossom (Cherry, Almond, and a hint of Amber. It's the classic cherry almond. Very cherry and very almond.) and Bora Bora Bound (Rich with the essence of promegranate, persimmons, orchids, and lotus blossom. With a base of champacca flowers, amber and sandalwood it blends to a deep, tropical, and exotic experience.). What makes these bombs special is that they are at once fizzy, moisturizing, and smelly all at once. They explain the whole process on the website, so check it out. They're also huge, so you can break 'em up and get a few baths out of each one.

The second site is Adagio Teas. Since I'm back to my "hardcore South Beach dieter" status, I'm trying to find ways to trick my palate into thinking I still eat good stuff. SO, I thought some new teas might be nice. One great thing about this site is that you can send free $5 gift certificates to your friends (Eil sent me one), so I peppered my favorite lady bloggers with gift certificates. I picked up three samplers (most samplers make 5-10 cups): Dewy Cherry, Hibiscus, and Snowbud. I tickled my tongue with a cup of chai tonight, and I'm primed for more tea.

If I didn't send you a gift cert. for tea, it probably means I don't have your e-mail address at my fingertips, so if you'd like one, just lemme know! I'd be more than happy to send one.

I can't wait to receive these goodies in the mail!

12 comments:

  1. Are the bathbombs as good as Lush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lu, I would guess the bombs from Lush and Fantasy are comparable, since I'm pretty sure my friend Eil really likes both. She said the ones from Fantasy are supa-fantastic for moisturizing, which is a clincher for me.

    Nik, I sent the gift cert your way and deleted your comment in case you didn't want your e-mail address hangin' out for everyone to see. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I tried to delete your comment, but blogger's being wonky. So I'll try again in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you reminded me that I really need to go downtown and visit Lush. I've been meaning to buy some bathbombs.

    And great tea site! Lots of varieties of Rooibos. mmmm rooibos. I'm quite lucky and there's a loose tea store a 10-15 minute walk from my apartment. And I need to make a visit soon. I used up the last of my cream earl grey this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was perusing Lush's website last night (early this morning), and I'll definitely have to try out some of their stuff. Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

    Now that I have all this loose tea, I need to order a tea ball!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being from the south, I'm sure you know exactly what kind of tea I usually drink. Sweet!! And iced!! But, always one for an adventure, I used your gift certificate and ordered three kinds. Since the doc said no caffeine (WAH!), I ordered decaf vanilla, decaf earl grey, and decaf peach. Really can't wait to try them! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, Heatheroo, those sound yummy! And quite often I'll brew my herbal teas (especially the fruity ones like your peach) and ice them. They're dellllicious that way, and IMO the fruity flavor comes out more if they're iced and sweetened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, will definitely have to check out the tea site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, let me know if you want one of the gift certificates! I'd be happy to send one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hum, those tea thingys kind of look like dried, petrified roaches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, love tea. I think I need to go make a cup of chai now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm. Thank you Fem! Was there any cheesecake left for you to take home the other night?

    Oooh, Nat, I need chai now. LOL I have some chocolate caramel delight chai that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!