Sunday, February 04, 2007

Consider the Steam Blown

While I did have an unbelievably long list of things to do this weekend, I did none of them. My consolation is that I spent a ton of time blowing off steam, and while I blew my weekend budget and carb count, I am feeling slightly more human than I was last week. That doesn't mean I'm any happier about the thought of doing my PhD or writing my thesis, but I will trudge ahead diligently until this mess is over on May 12th.

Edit: OK, OK. I might as well come clean. I got so drunk last night that I don't remember much between the time I did my last lemon drop shot and woke up in my bra and panties in my friend's guest bedroom this morning. I started drinking at 7:00 last night, stopped at 1am was still drunk at noon today, the hangover kicked in around 2:00 this afternoon, and I didn't feel well enough to eat until dinnertime. It will be a VERY VERY long time before I drink again.

The next week or two will be spent writing A LOT. I have some recommendations to compose, a piece to revise for publication, and a couple of thesis chapters to dig into.

With that said, I do hope to sneak off to the mall tomorrow to buy some new undies, jeans, and a couple more pairs of shoes. And I need to stop by the tailor's to have some things looked at. When did I start giving a shit how I dress? I dunno, but I kinda like it. I'll have to post pics of my new threads I found last week. I got a great pair of brown trousers for work with a tiny pink pin stripe running through, a luscious black sweater, a red sweater suitable for layering, a denim jacket, a black going-out shirt with a funky neckline, and a pair of brown heels and a pair of brown boots (also heels). Everything was on sale and I only spent $142.

Now that I've bored you, I'm off to bed to try to sleep (probably not gonna happen for a bit, but it's worth a try).

Listening: "Make This Go On Forever"...Snow Patrol

13 comments:

  1. You'd better be back to drinkin' norms by mid-April!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes @ the drinking.

    the clothes sound fun, where did you go shopping? I need new pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Os, will do! I will be done with my thesis and ready to rumble!

    Cold, I actually went to Belk because they've got EVERYTHING on sale at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just want to thank you for being a drunk just like me. I am seriously not drinking like that for some time if ever again! I think I'm still hung over today. I even had McDonalds yesterday and barely remember it b/c I think I was still drunk when I ate it. Then I felt sick and went back to bed...until 3 o'clock in the afternoon! Hope you're feeling better Andi. Say no to Vodka...I am !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeeks, you've got to quit drinking!

    The clothes sound great. We have a Belk store. I never go in there at all. Maybe I should.

    Oh, and I bought you something after Christmas. It's stupid, but it's just sitting here so could you send me your address? You know my email, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to have a blowout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Funky. I love me some vodka, but vodka and I are on a break. *sob* I still wanna try that pineapple infused vodka you did a while back, though. But it'll be a while.

    Bookfool, give Belk a try! It's like Macy's but not as fancy schmancy. They have clothes, shoes, housewares, etc. etc. I love it. And I will definitely send you my address!!! I love getting fun stuff in the mail. You're too good to me. :D

    LK, couldn't have said it better myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andi,

    I've been in our Belk briefly but I just wafted through. LOL It was formerly a McRae's but I guess they were bought out - not quite as pretty inside, I think, since they redid the place so maybe I haven't given it a chance because of the lack of ambience. Silly me.

    I hope you like the . . . thing. I guess I'll let it be a surprise. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new pink pinstripe pants sound awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "It will be a VERY VERY long time before I drink again."

    Until next weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Snow Patrol, haven't listened to much of the new album and really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since you're going to post pics of the new outfit you bought, you should post of pic of you in that bra and pantie combo you wore on your night of drunken debauchery!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, not silly at all! I love me some ambiance!

    Thanks, Heather!

    Blitch, unfortunately I think it'll be longer than that. We should start a betting pool!

    Carl, it's wonderful! I've listened to it until I can't listen anymore. Now I need to check out some of the previous albums.

    Awww, Cincy. You're so cute when you're daydreamin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!