Monday, February 19, 2007

I promise....

  • To never again half-ass my writing (unless it's a blog-post-in-a-jiffy)
  • To read for fun and choose good books
  • To seek out opportunities and take them instead of procrastinating and sabotaging myself
  • To forego a Ph.D. if I'm too emotionally and mentally fried to handle it right now
  • To do good things for the world at large (campaign for Barack Obama, maybe?)
  • To get laid sooner than later (maybe not the loftiest goal, but it might help curb my bitchiness)

Today's list brought to you by the fact that I might not finish my thesis this semester. I think Jeremy, Elise, and I are all realizing that it might not be a possibility to finish up right now. We're strapped with taking classes, teaching classes, and general political department bullshit that can't be avoided. I could still graduate in the summer. I don't want to half-ass this project. It upsets me, but perhaps it's the smart thing to do.

Listening: "God's Gonna Cut You Down"...Johnny Cash

7 comments:

  1. You'll get there when you get there. I think you and your professors would want only the best you can do and if that means there will be a delay then so be it! Reading your blog alone leads me to make the assessment that your writing is wonderful so I'm sure your paper is just as good and probably better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather. I needed that. I feel like a bit of a fraud lately--like I'm fooling everyone into thinking I'm a good writer. LOL Maybe it's just the PMS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all seem like achievable promises if necessary. Don't be so hard on yourself. Let your iPod rule your life a little now and then. And hurry up and get laid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent advice, Dale. Dr. Phil ain't got nothin' on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't rush it. Take your time and I'm sure it will be wonderful. I agree with the comment that says your blog alone shows the quality of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Stephanie! I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you luck with all those goals. I half-ass my writing all the time, as anyone who reads my blog knows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!