Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A brighter day...

There have been some good reports from the direction of NC, so those prayers must be helping. Keep 'em coming because we aren't out of the woods, but the good reports certainly do make the days a little brighter.

In other news, I have nothing to report.

I'm busy, as usual. I should be busier doing things related to school, but it's much more fun to get the April issue of Estella ready to go and to read fun stuff!

Here's what I need to do:
Finish The Secret Garden, since I didn't finish it on my trip.
Grade papers.
Re-read and polish my conference paper for Nashville (I present on Saturday).
Write a letter for a professor.
Read some theory and write a response for Thursday.

Here's what I've been doing:
Reading Call of the Weird: Travels in American Subcultures for a review.
Prepping Estella.
Playing SIMS2.
Getting 2 new tires on my car and got my car inspected.
Teaching a class.
Checking e-mail (several times).
Reading blogs.

Meh. Responsibility is a drag.

What's everyone else up to?

7 comments:

  1. Procrastination seems to be the word of the day. Don't feel bad. I haven't done shit either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it, E. Not glad that you're procrastinating, per se, but glad that I'm not alone in this horrible habit. I'm feeling a bit (a lot) overwhelmed at the mo'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are getting more done today!! And I hope your friend in NC is doing better. As you can see, I'm blog hopping instead of working. Guess it's contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad good news is coming out of NC! I pray it keeps coming!

    I was a notorious procrastinator when I was in college. I recall many a 3 AM bedtime because I waited until the last day to write a paper.

    Did you watch House? Excellent procrastinator TV. Please say you did because I want to ask you about Cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate being responsible all the time :) Glad to hear there are some positive news from NC. Still sending good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been outside almost every day this past week. Working in the yard and walking/running (trying to lose those lbs. I gained this winter!). Haven't been blog-hopping very much and I'm sorry I missed your previous post. Hope things continue to improve in NC. Sending positive thoughts.

    BTW, the trial got continued AGAIN, so no trip to VA in April. Unfortunatley, I can't afford a trip to Dallas to see Zusak next month. Sometimes life really, really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irresponsible things, like blogging and blog-hopping and photographing flowers. Why do laundry and crap like that when there's fun stuff to do?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!