According to the Urban Dictionary:
n. fr. "douche", fr. French, fr. Italian "doccia"
1. An object used for vaginal hygeine.
2. A student or instructor at the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
I don't know about that Minnesota thing, but I certainly do know that at my respective university there is an overabundance of douchebags, and if we apply the douchebag sentiment to a verb: douchebaggery. Let's investigate....
This is a douchebag. The real thing. Not exactly what I'm going for.
President Bush. Hmm, much closer to what I'm going for.
Now I think we've hit the nail on the head. Whether we're talking about the douchebaggery of the students in my classes or the ingrates in the registrar's office, this cartoon really captures the essence of the douchebags and their respective douchebaggery.
I have to ask myself what it is about my students that makes them
1) incapable of turning a paper in on time
2) incapable of following a writing prompt
3) incapable of understanding why ignoring the prompt or turning their work in late is inappropriate
Furthermore, I don't understand why
1) the ingrates in the registrar's office can't send a transcript correctly the first time
2) can't send a corrected transcript to one of the schools to which I applied for a PhD
3) they can't answer the phone when I call them to straighten out the mess
4) return my call even after I've firmly but politely requested that they do so
Perhaps the university students eventually end up working on the university staff?