Monday, March 19, 2007

I was made for Spring Breakin'...

Here I sit, in lovely North Carolina, in my pajamas at 4:30 in the afternoon. I do love Spring Break. My day has consisted of waking up at 5 when B. left for work, going back to sleep until 9, and the rest of the day has been a fiesta of noshing and napping. I'm up to my proverbial, hypothetical, totally-non-existent balls in junk food (Spicy Nacho Doritos and Birthday Party ice cream). B. is working until at least Thursday, so I have much napping, reading, socializing, and wireless net surfing to do until then.

The trip to NC wasn't too harrowing save a very delayed layover in Atlanta due to all the snow and ice in the northeast. I chatted with many an unhappy New Yorker while I was waiting for my very small plane to Wilmington. When all was said and done I was only about an hour and a half late arriving, and we quickly adjourned to Sticky Fingers for ribs. Sticky Fingers makes everything OK (and I was in very good company).

I hope your respective weeks have started off right. I think I'm gonna bed down with J. Maarten Troost for a bit and finish Getting Stoned with Savages.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect break for ya! Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does all this have something to do with what you weren't going to tell me yet???

    Glad you're actually getting some relaxing done. Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Les! So far, so good!

    Os, yep! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I'm glad you're getting some rest and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Napping, reading and socializing, what fun! Hope the rest of your spring break is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Heatheroo!

    Iliana, I hope so too! I also hope the flight back isn't quite as layover-heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Sounds like the perfect spring break to me! Enjoy yourself and I'm glad you can update us as well. I am officially jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky! I hope you have a very relaxing rest-of-the-week. And I hope it goes veeerrryy slowly ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!