Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm back...

I hadn't intended to go so quiet, but life went awry early Friday morning. A member of B.'s immediate family was involved in an accident, and I'm hesitant to share much more by way of details than that. I will just say that there has been a lot of waiting around in the hospital and many tears upon my departure because I really didn't want to leave with this particular family member in such critical condition. I know there's nothing I can do and the care is excellent, but sitting and waiting and being close felt like something.

So, with that small amount of information (details withheld out of respect for him and his family), I do ask that any and all of you who pray, please do so. For those of you who don't, some good positive healing vibes would be much appreciated.

My plane rolled into DFW last night around 11:40 (after an hour-long delay in Charlotte), and by the time I collected my bags, hopped the shuttle back to the remote parking lot, and got myself through the hour-long drive home, I fell into bed around 2:15am, got up this morning, and hauled myself to work. I fly out Thursday for a conference in Nashville, and I can honestly say that I don't give a damn about the conference. I would rather go back to NC than anything else right now.

However, with all the tragedy afoot, I'm eternally grateful for the time I got to spend with B.'s family this week. I hadn't been back in almost 3 years and it was very much like going home.

7 comments:

  1. lots of prayers headed his way. I know how being there feels like something...it's very difficult to leave situations like that. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Andi, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers coming your way. I am glad you had a great time otherwise. Don't over do it, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Good healing thoughts headed that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep you and B's family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hon. Lots and lots of prayers coming B, B's family and your way. Hope you hear good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Courtney.

    Funky, I'm definitely not overdoing it. I think I'm catching all the sleep they're missing in NC. I wish I could share.

    Thanks, Nat.

    It's much appreciated, Nik.

    Heatheroo, thank ya. It's a rollercoaster, but a decent report today so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww hun im sorry to hear about that.

    get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!