Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards



Bluestalking Reader was kind enough to tag me with a "Thinking Blogger Award." Now, coming from Bluestalking Reader, this award is quite the honor as I tend to think of her first when I ponder thinking blogs. Her site is one of my very favorites (I'm a bit obsessive, checking it multiple times a day with fingers crossed for new posts), and I always wish my own posts resembled hers more!

In turn I will tag 5 blogs with the award and on it goes.

Sojourner's Truths is the blog of one of my favorite New Yorkers who has now transplanted to Texas. She is one of the smartest, most ambitious women I've had the pleasure of meeting online (and hopefully I'll get down to Austin to meet her in person one day). I don't think she knows just how much I admire her.

Death Wore a Feathered Mullet (began as Viva las Vegass) is like a mini, cruder version of The Onion. Todd is wickedly funny and smart as a whip. I can't get enough. He's a bloggy overlord in my book.

Land-o-Lulu is the bloggy home of a fellow English teacher and snarky super-grrl. You never know what you'll find when you go to Lulu's site, but it's always something thoughtful.

Bookfoolery and Babble is a fantastic site by a dear bloggy friend of mine. I'm always bowled over by her thoughtful reviews and humorous ponderings. I don't think she knows just how wicked smart and insightful she is.

Book Nut is a newish blog for me, and I always look forward to new posts. Her reviews and musings are involving and thoughtful. Perfect for the Thinking Blogger Awards!

It was really hard picking 5 blogs to single out because there are sooo many I enjoy and that I make a point to read every single day. I'm very lucky to know so many thinking bloggers!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh! We both chose Bookfool!! Great minds think alike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! What a nice surprise! I will have to give some thought to who I want to tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Andi!

    I really like the words "wicked smart and insightful". LOL And, I just got a message from Les, too. Goodness, what a great upper. Thanks for making my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Andi! My husband's blog got tagged as a thinking blog, and I guess I figured that the blog set I "run around" with weren't considered to be "thinking" in the same way. :) Anyway, it's nice to know that you think I think about things. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet! Thanks!

    Am I allowed to tag you back? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, thanks! :)

    Les, indeed! hehe

    Looking forward to your list, Lu!

    Bookfool, my pleasure! You have no idea how much I lurv your blog!

    LOL, you're welcome, Melissa! I think you're quite the thinker!

    Sure, Soj! LOL

    Kat, thanks for taking the time to comment! It's good to know that I can be helpful to someone and all my bitching isn't simply self-indulgent crap! (Although I still suspect so sometimes.) I hope I haven't turned you off of academia! But, I do wish I'd known just how hectic it can be when I went in. I don't think it would've changed my mind, but I would've made sure to stock up on Vicodin.

    If you do decide to take the bloggy plunge be sure to send me your address. My e-mail addy is trippingtowardlucidity(at)yahoo(dot)com. Surely the longest e-mail address ever. :)

    I'll drop you an e-mail tomorrow when I'm a bit more lucid and maybe we can chat about schoolish stuff. And I wanna know what you added to your Scamazon wishlist! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!