Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blogger's Block

I have a wicked case of blogger's block (though, at this point, the official writer's block hasn't kicked in). So I'm very thankful that April from These Words tagged me with the question:

"What's Your Favorite Type of Writing?" And I should mention, your favorite type of writing to do as opposed to your favorite type of writing to read.

And what a tough question it is. I'm very torn. I think I'm most effective at academic writing at this point. I have the whole research/synthesis thing down to an art, and I think that's one of the reasons I get so nervous about the idea of trying to freelance and write creatively. While it is wayyy outside my comfort zone, I think I'll ultimately be OK. I just like writing...and I'm pretty good at it. Like all things, it takes practice.

I think my favorite type of writing at this point in time is review writing. While I don't know why anyone would want my opinion (and they may not), I love reading a piece and--hopefully--spreading my admiration for it. And, quite honestly, I like getting free books. SCORE!

Next up: creative writing. I'm going to dive headlong into my novel this summer

I'll tag Heather from A High and Hidden Place and Bookfool from Bookfoolery and Babble!

4 comments:

  1. Well, honestly, as someone who has been blessed with the opportunity to read your creative writing, I'd say you're pretty damn good. JMHO :)

    I'll have to think on that a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's so cool that you have the opportunity to write reviews. Believe me, I would love to give my opinion on many things ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are moving to NC, but I guess with Internet you are never far away. I'm planning on going to DMA for the Zusak on Sunday. I'll be the one looking lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I want to read some of your creative writing, one day! Have fun with that. And, good luck on the move. I'm kind of sad you'll be farther away; I was hoping to meet up with you in IKEA, one day. Darn.

    I love your reviews and your blog entries. They're wonderful.

    Thanks for nominating me. I feel all loved and special. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!