Friday, May 11, 2007

A BOOK meme!

Bookfool tagged me with this really fun meme ages ago, and I'm finally getting around to it. This week has been absorbed writing final papers, so my apologies for my absence. On to the fun! I had to think about this one!

Booked By 3 Meme:

Name up to three characters...

1. ....You wish were real so you could meet them:

Hmmm, hard one....

Parvana from Parvana's Journey, by Deborah Ellis. The young Afghan girl in this book was so brave and delightful. I'm sure there are far too many just like her who have endured more tragedy than anyone should ever see. I enjoyed teaching this book in particular as a way to examine the other side of war--the one the media doesn't want us to see. The one in which civilians bear the brunt of senseless fighting.

Liesel Meminger of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, (stole this from Bookfool). She's a book addict, and what's not to like about that? Not to mention, she's unique and brave and all-round wonderful.

Edward Cullen from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. He's dreamy. 'Nuff said.

2. ....You would like to be:

Bella from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight...except slightly less ditzy and clutzy. She gets to snuggle up with Edward. Rawwrrr.

Elizabeth Bennet of Pride and Prejudice, but only if Mr. Darcy looked like Colin Firth. (Stole this one from Bookfool.)

Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. So, she's a little uptight, but she's smart and gets to do cool magic.

3. ....Who scares you:

Damon, one bad mofo vampire from L.J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries.

Anyone from Pet Semetery, by Stephen King. I quite literally could not read it all the way through because it freaked me out SO bad.

The house from House of Leaves (Mark Danielewski), it was bigger on the inside than on the outside, it was cavernous, it grew and moved and ate people.

6 comments:

  1. Fun meme! I did something a meme last year that asked which three characters I'd most like to be and I chose Hermione, Elizabeth and Thursday Next (from the Jasper Fforde series). So, I like your taste!

    Mmmmmmm ... Colin Firth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah! I forgot all about Thursday! I like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun but difficult Andi. I'll try to think of something over the weekend and put together a post ok? :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think of Hermione! Great answer! Such fun reading your version. I don't mind that you lifted a couple of my answers. Who wouldn't want to be Elizabeth Bennett if a Colin Firth was involved? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto on Elizabeth Bennett and dreamy Colin Firth. I am just about to read The Book Thief.

    All very interesting answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good answers and yes to Colin Firth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!