Monday, April 30, 2007

Estella's Really Revenging....

Blogger has been positively putzy on the formatting front the last few days. Getting Estella's Revenge online-ready has been painful, but I think *most* of the kinks are ironed out now.

It's a fantabulous issue this time 'round (I know, I say that every time) with interviews from Joshilyn Jackson and Louis Theroux, not to mention Melissa's interview with an independent bookseller, articles on everything from Oprah to historical fiction, a barrage of tasty columns, snazzy stuffs, and a heap of tasty reviews.

Go see it and I promise I'll shut up.

In other news, thanks so much for all the well wishes and congratulatory words on my thesis. I know I still have a ways to go yet, but I'm thrilled to be done adding major content. If I had to write one more chapter I would've speared my eyeballs out.

Today was a positively luscious book day. I spent the morning teaching a wooonderful children's novel...Skellig, by David Almond. I then spent an hour grading quizzes and response papers before I came home and kicked back with Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain) for a bit, and then I started The New Yorkers, by Cathleen Schine. While I was lounging, another review book landed on my doorstep...Dark at the Roots, by Sarah Thyre. While I'll be releasing The New Yorkers to the ER crowd to snag, I had to take a few minutes to read a bit. Excellent so far.

Tonight, I finally celebrated my thesis semi-completion with a yummy Southwest Cobb Salad at Applebee's and a Triple Chocolate Meltdown dessert. I'm South Beaching with gusto, but the dessert was strictly celebratory. No mas carbs for mama this week.

Coming soon: a restaurant meme that Tanabata tagged me with, and a book meme from Bookfool.

7 comments:

  1. i don't think I congratulated you because i've been having serious internet and blog problems which I *think* are now ironed out. So.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    I'm southbeaching too and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Courtney! Glad you're back, by the way. :)

    And don't you just adore South Beach? I feel so clean when I'm on this plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great one, isn't it Heather? Thanks for dropping in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Anthony Bourdain's TV show when he traveled around the world for the best-kept secret of local recipes. I have yet to read Kitchen's Confidential but I'm sure it's somewhere in my ever growing TBR pile.

    I had my final straw with Blogspot earlier this year and I dived into Worpress. Maybe you should give it a try too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Matt. I actually have a Wordpress account, too, but the sheer pain of moving my 800+ posts from here to there makes me cringe. And it's a lot slower with my dial-up (dark ages, I know). Otherwised I'd give it a go. I know lots of people who are really glad they've moved their sites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!