Monday, April 23, 2007

Feverishly...



When I googled "feverishly" because I've been feverishly applying for freelance jobs, I got Pat Boone. Hell if I know.

So, yes, I've been feverishly applying for freelance jobs because I'm terrified of moving and having no money. Elise and I schemed ways to make a quick buck yesterday, and so far the leading ideas are 1) selling plasma 2) having our eggs harvested. I have more than enough eggs to go around.

In other news, a very odd thing happened last night. First I had a hell of a time sleeping--not odd at all for me lately--but I finally drifted off around 1am. At 2:15am I woke up upside down in bed. That is to say, my head was at the foot of the bed and my feet were sort of half crossed under me, half on the pillow. My first thought, because you all know that I'm always calm, collected and rational, was that I am possessed and had obviously been fighting the devil in my sleep. Nothing to joke about, I know. Especially since I'm not Catholic, and I'm almost positive that the Baptist pastor of my youth could do absolutely nothing to help me. But then I realized I had no scratches or other lesions on my body, there was no pea-green vomit to be found, and nothing jumped out of my chest when I made the sign of the cross as a test. Or maybe it was Pat Boone.

In any case, it's very 0dd to wake up at 26 (almost 27) and find yourself backwards in bed. It's just not right at all.

15 comments:

  1. My boy is a recruiter and sometimes they staff events on the weekends (like serving food/drinks at Texas Stadium and the Motor Speedway) that are decent for some quick cash... I don't know how long you have before you go, but let me know if you want his email address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll buy some of your eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is HILARIOUS! All of it...

    when I was a child I used to wake up in all sorts of weird positions in my bed. As an adult I pretty much don't move at all throughout the night. It's quite weird.

    Love the feverish pic of Pat Boone...he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, he gives you fever, admit it. And when that happens, you toss and turn, you can't sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I think it was the Pat Boone cover. shudders...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hasn't happened to me since I practically OD'd on Kamakazis one night. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more Mr. Nice Guy? Weird.

    Oh, yes, my eldest used to move in bed but I think he quit ending up with his head at the foot around age 10. I was laughing my head off, here. How funny!

    Sell those buggers while you can; my eggs are wilting. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andiiiiii,

    Like you have the time for this, but it's payback . . . I just tagged you for a meme. Don't know if you've already done this one and it took me a while. Feel free to skip if you can't spare a minute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that was some visual and I have to admit it made me giggle. I don't think I have ever ended up upside-down in bed but it amazes me what sleepness nights and dreams can do. I also have weird dreams when I am carrying too much around in my head.

    I might be with Iliana in saying it might have been that Pat Boone cover - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cold, I would totally take you/him up on that if I wasn't the world's worst change counter. Math is not my bag. At. All.

    Kat, awww, thank you. You can have all the eggs you want.

    Funky, usually I don't move too much. My roomates in college always made fun of me because wherever I landed was generally where I stayed. lol

    Dale, damn you for figuring me out!

    LOL, Iliana!

    Les, I'm just trying to picture you all loopy on Kamakazis!

    LOL, Nancy, I'm sure your eggs still have some perk in 'em. And I totally have time to do that meme. I'm a meme whore.

    Christine, I've ended up in some weird places in weird positions. I actually ended up in bed with a friend's brother at a slumber party once, and I have absolutely no recollection of how I got there. He was in high school and I was all of 14, so he got pissy and left me in the bed while he shifted to another bedroom. LOL I thought I'd never live it down.

    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't tell you how many times I woke up with sun glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would my geekiness be showing if I told you that I actually OWN that CD?

    ReplyDelete
  13. LMAO, Kat. I wish I could wake up with sunglasses on.

    Os, dear God, have some standards!

    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  14. One time I woke up sitting on the floor with my back against Hope's crib. I suspect she was up during the night and I had put her to bed and then slumped on the floor in a wave of sleepiness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I woke up on the toilet once. I know I'd gotten up to use the bathroom, but apparently I never made it back to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!