Saturday, April 07, 2007

I lived to tell...




I survived another girls night, and I have to tell you, it's not as simple or easy as it sounds.

Yesterday was actually quite a busy day. I started with a migraine that would've liquified the sturdiest brain (I didn't have a chance). Excedrin didn't touch it, stretching and massages didn't touch it, sitting with my head still and hoping the dark whirlies would disappear didn't touch it. You get the point. It went away on its own sometime around 4:30...just in time for the gathering.

Before the gathering could begin, I got my hair cut! No more shaggy, weird curls for me. Now I have short, sassy, very-dark-brown-with-caramel-highlights curls.

As for girls night, as much fun as it was, there's not much to tell. 1) because we always sort of do the same thing--eat, drink, talk 2) we did a lot of the aforementioned drinking which made me forget what we talked about. Undoubtedly, the star of the night was the Cookie Dough Delirium cake from Coldstone Creamery that I picked up after my hair appointment. It came home with me. We're getting married and having little ice cream cakes as soon as possible.

On the sadder side of things: Gene Yang declined my interview because of a wealth of other committments. I'm not bitter (yes I am [no, I shouldn't be {but I am}]). No, really. I'm not bitter.

I need to work on my thesis today and clean up my bedroom (looks like my closet vomited everywhere). All I really want to do is write and finish reading Blue Angel.

Review and hair pics forthcoming.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pics. Show a little cleavage, damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I've eaten a box of Gianna's Mexican Wedding Cookies and 4 cupcakes since Wednesday. 2 cupcakes to go. I hate waste.

    Thanks for posting on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Todd said it best. Then again, maybe I can get my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd, sorry, the new haircut is all that's up for looksies.

    Kristy, oooh, share the love! lol

    Os, what do you really think?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!