Sunday, April 08, 2007

Productive weekend, you say? And edits.


This pic of Marilyn Monroe wasn't quite what I had in mind when I googled "writing frenzy," but it was certainly the most attractive option of the sad results.

I'm happy to report, for the first time in ages, that I had a productive weekend. After Saturday's hangover recovery and lot of doing nothing, I've made up for it today.

First, I went to an Easter egg hunt with 30 of my closest family members. When I finished freezing my extremities off and came home, I graded a buttload of papers (technical term) and started applying for teaching jobs. I got my teaching philosophy written, my CV updated, cover letter written, and got some transcripts requested.

Tonight I could no longer resist the mad urge to write a piece that came magically to mind last week while I was sacked out reading (this is where we return to Marilyn). Of all things--sit down if you're not--it's a piece of erotica that I think will be perfect for Bust Magazine. The idea was just too good not to explore. I will be using a pen name, but if it gets accepted and you're a Bust reader, if you can figure out which one is mine, I'll buy ya a book.

On the docket for tomorrow:
Honor's Day Luncheon (up for Distinguished Master's Student award)
Finish chapter 3 of my thesis
Read and write for an assignment due on Thursday

I'm going to attempt to set a thesis writing record: write 2 chapters in just over a week. Cross your fingers for me. It's gonna be an asswhip.
Edit: Got rear-ended this morning. I'm ok. The other drive was ok. What a way to start a Monday, eh? More news later.

9 comments:

  1. Motivation is nice.

    After this last asswhip conference, I'm concentrating all my efforts on the thesis.

    And congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, glad you're okay...sounds like you are on a roll girl! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kids and your euphemisms....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shitty way to begin the week indeed. I assume they have insurance? Otherwise I know a guy with a lead pipe....

    I will have to look for this erotica of which you speak... very interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the writing frenzy! I love it when that happens!

    I'm sad that I don't get Bust magazine. I'd love to see what you came up with.

    Rear-endings are the worst. I've been rear-ended more than anything else. Just glad you're okay.

    I'm still on cloud-nine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. E., motivation is nice. Now if I can just hold onto it.

    Funky, thanky! Now it's a matter of maintaining. lol

    Os, too funny.

    Cold, yes, yes shitty indeed. But it could've been much worse, so I'm thankful for that. He does have insurance. Wooo! I think you would enjoy the erotica.

    Heather, congrats to you a bajillion times over! I can't wait to see your interview! :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no! Glad you weren't hurt!

    Congrats on your on-a-rollness. Read your erotica to a boyfriend; it makes men wild. Not that I know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, good luck with the goal of 2 chapters in two weeks...I'll be right there with you. I have a little 10k beastie to churn out in as much time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, BF! Great idea!

    Oceans, that makes my ass twitch with terror for you. I'll be sending out the good academic vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!