Saturday, May 05, 2007

FYI

"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to its close.

In its place we are entering a period of consequences."


-Sir Winston Churchill, November 12, 1936


To locate your nearest recycling or Household Hazardous Waste Collection center, as well as electronics recycling, to find out beach water quality, tips for preventing air pollution, and simple things you can do to save energy (among many other resources), visit Earth911.org.

3 comments:

  1. I just finally got a chance last week to watch "An Inconvenient Truth," where I assume you also heard that great quote. Very powerful.

    My 13 year old son thinks that Al Gore should run again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I needed that! It's hard to find recycling locations, around these hyar parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, I just watched it last week too. It's pretty staggering. Loved that quote. :)

    Bookfool, same here! We used to have one in Greenville, about 7 miles away (where the really good bbq and Tex Mex are), but they went under. Now I found a new one 11 miles away, thanks to that site! And I looked for one where I'll be living in NC--and found one. But B. told me they do curbside recycling!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!