Thursday, May 17, 2007

Taggedy Tag

BookGirl tagged me with this meme, so here we go!

The rules:
  • Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
  • At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The eight:

  1. My mom worked in accounting for a Fortune 500 company for 24 years. I need a calculator to figure out what day it is.
  2. I hate sweating more than almost anything I can think of in the world. Which makes it terribly ironic and somewhat stupid that I've lived in Texas and North Carolina all my life. Both are hot and sticky.
  3. When I'm sad or incredibly bummed, one of my first instincts is to buy a birthday cake. Because I love cake, and birthday cakes are synonymous with happiness.
  4. My eye has been itching since lunch yesterday. I'm almost ready to pluck it out.
  5. My favorite typo ever was to an ex boyfriend when I was in college. I tried to type "kiss on the nose," but it came out "kiss on the hose." Oops.
  6. In elementary school I once tried to get my friends to stop calling me Andi and call me Nikki...since my middle name is Nicole and it sounded much cooler at the time.
  7. When I worked at a grocery store in high school a drunk man asked me to "come home and cook this pizza for me, baby." I threw the pizza at him and told him to have a nice day. My boss just giggled.
  8. After almost two and a half years of blogging, I may be running out of random facts about me.

If you'd like to do the meme, leave me a comment and lemme know so I can go over and read your answers!

21 comments:

  1. That's a fun meme!

    Ha- I was horrible in math in school and now it is what I do for a living. Thank God for Excel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally the same way when it comes to cake. I've found that I can't keep cake mix and powdered sugar in the house because I'm bound to whip up something when I'm in a bad mood.

    Must fight urge to eat cake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were great and I hear you, I feel like I have not fascinating facts left to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! My favourite typo was the time I typed "Just hump right in!" instead of jump right in. At least my friend thought it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not so good with the math either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got tagged for this meme. I need to do it this weekend. Instead of birthday cake, I buy the six pack of cupcakes and eat them all. Just a random fact about me;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so hear ya on the second one. I always wonder what the heck I'm doing in Tokyo during the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried to get people to call me other names besides my own too without much luck. :-S

    I was tagged not too long ago and hope to post my list this weekend. Or maybe tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I am totally with you on the math thing! I can't live without my calculator!

    Hmmm...cake...must not have cake...

    Which is hard because my uncle's mother made me an awesome Butter Pecan Rum Cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. People whose middle name is Nicole, unite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good facts Andi! Oy, accounting gives me hives :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to sweat and once an old man asked me to come to his house and he said "I got a full refrigerator" as if to sweeten the deal!

    we're like twins!
    I need a calculator for everything--I am thinking of buying a birthday cake just to celebrate bob dylan's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it bad that I was snickering all the way through this?

    My dad was an accountant and I tried to follow in his footsteps, but my husband claims I could never stand to be cooped up in an office looking at a bunch of numbers. I think that's probably true.

    I've never thought to whip up cake. What a neat idea.

    You know the heat here almost killed me, a few years back, right? I told my husband "NO!" when he said he wanted to take the job, here. I've always wanted to live in Colorado. Wouldn't you know, both of his siblings have moved to Colorado? How depressing is that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love things like this. I tagged myself. I am also absolutely horrible with math. I still can't believe that my first job out of college was as an office manager. I had to do all the bookkeeping, and I can barely balance my checkbook.

    And I adore birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got tagged as well and will be doing it soon.

    I sucked at math all thru school, but understood accounting. What is up w. that? I do the books now for our business. I would rather have my practice back.

    Thanks for coming by and I am, so, coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh God. Kiss on the HOSE?? I'm STILL laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Online blunders can sometimes be even more embarrassing, especially when you can't erase them.ery interesting and funny facts.

    I love the impulsive buying of birthday cakes year around. Will try it myself next time I need some chocolately goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed reading your random facts! I think I'll do this meme as well. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate sweating, too, and I'm in Miami!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!