Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Writing writing writing writing writing. Writing.

I've been hard at work. Hard at work indeed. Instead of reading literary theory I've been putting together a somewhat plain, but hopefully functional website to showcase my growing list of publications and writing/editorial work in general. HERE it is.

And, of course, all I need is another blog. I started one to chronicle the ups and downs of this writing thing. It certainly won't be taking over the role of this blog, but it does have far fewer uses of the word "fuck" and fewer embarrassing stories about bodily fluids, running around in my underwear and other tomfoolery.

In other words, I can let people I know read it!

HERE it is.

I had a real post in mind, but I'm starving (damn South Beach) and I have a shrimp and spinach salad on the way from Applebee's, so I'll be back in a bit.

Oh, and if you see mistakes, just don't tell me. The site hasn't been unleashed upon the world yet, so I still have time to edit it, but right now I'm tired and beginning to wilt.

8 comments:

  1. The home page looks good, but I don't expect to be listed on the sidebar of Scribbles. That's OK. My ego can handle it. Maybe...

    Personally, I like the use of "fuck" and reading about bodily fluids and tomfoolery. But especially about running around in your underwear. Certainly can't get enough of that!

    BTW--did I happen to mention yet that we missed you?? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know I took your advice and ordered "Blue Angels." I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. Also I am reading Dave Eggers "What is the What." I am only about 100 pages in but it is FABULOUS!!! Libations after class tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi your site is awesome. It's like your own interactive resume. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Os, thanks! And I knew you'd oppose to the lack of underwear. But, hey, I'm tryin' to be professional.

    And thank you. I'm sad that I couldn't make it.

    T., Dave Eggers and fantastic? Hmmm. Even after A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (gag)? I'll take your word for it and give it a go if I can find a BookMooch copy. I might libate for a moment after class.

    Thanks, Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoohooo! I like the new blog! I especially like the header with the pic of a typewriter (how many 20-something-year-olds even know what those look like?!).

    Personally, I say WTF far too often, but it's just so appropriate most of the time, ya know? Just not in the company of 2-year-olds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Les! I'm glad I'm in good company re: WTF. You're right, it's good for everything (except 2yo's).

    Thanks for the compliment on the blog! Doesn't Heather do a great job?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new blog!

    Oh, and I'm on SB, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Lesley! I actually love South Beach even though I'm in the throes of the been-on-it-a-week cravings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!