Monday, July 02, 2007

It just keeps getting better....

The community college called this morning--the English department head to be exact. He was calling to ask if I'd be interested in potentially teaching online classes, and I said an enthusiastic YES since that would mean teaching in my pajamas from in front of my computer. He didn't know if the online gig would work out for Fall, but he was apparently very impressed with my interview and upset that I didn't get the full-time job. So, he should be in touch in the next week or so to let me know more about the prospects. He also mentioned that several faculty will be retiring in the next year or so and he wants me in. Do a little dance with me, kids. For real, yo.

The weekend was busily uneventful. Nothing out of the ordinary. I wrote, I unpacked, we looked at houses.

Wait. Huh? Houses? Yes, houses. Some very pretty ones, too. No specific plans in the works, just lookin'. I love lookin' at houses. Even if there was no chance in hell of ever buying one, I would still want to look at houses.

July 4th plans are sketchy. I'm sure there will be food and cooking out and fireworks. Let's all hope I don't blow something up.

The damn mouse continues to elude us. B. got really irked near the end of last week when he went to grab a granola bar and the mouse had already infiltrated all three of them. Ha! Now he won't poo-poo my bitchings about our rodent friend.

The rest of the day shall be supremely uneventful as I write articles for the freelance gig. I should clean the house and work out, but I don't wanna. I had a hot dog for lunch and now I'm feeling sluggish. It was a yummy hot dog, though. These North Carolinians brilliantly top their dogs with cole slaw, and that's a culinary habit I can get on board with. I have a feeling I'll be reading Shopgirl from the haven of my very comfy chair in just a few minutes.

9 comments:

  1. I love love love house shopping too. My mom and I would just drive around sometimes looking at houses we would like to be for sale. Luckily for my husband, that means I'm really picky and know exactly what I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness about the job! how cool to teach from home!

    I looooove house shopping too. A friend and I, when we were in high school, used to cruise around looking at houses all the time!

    And isn't cole slaw the best on a dog?! Have you added Texas Pete yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, see, we all knew someone was going to figure out you're brilliant and ask you to please let them hire you for several different things all at once. And, boy, that's a dream job you're talking about, isn't it?

    You've got a mouse. We've got moles. I resisted getting a torture device, last year, and we have big dead patches of grass. Why can't they kill the damn weeds under the oak trees? I'm going to have to murder them; that's all there is to it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the part time jobs and I hope the online one works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nik, being picky does help slim down the process yet. I wish I could say I'm picky! LOL

    Heatheroo, thanks! I would love to teach in my pjs. lol Cole slaw is THE BEST. And yes! I love Texas Pete. I fell in love with the hot sauce the first time I lived here and took a huge bottle home with me (the irony...we didn't have TX Pete in TX until a few years ago). Now I've fallen in love with TX Pete chili, too!

    LOL, Nancy, that's exactly what my mom said. She's always amazed that these jobs sort of jump out of the woodwork for me (knocking on wood, speaking of wood). I think we have moles, too. I know B.'s dad does, and B. insists we have one around the pond somewhere. I've never even seen one in real life, and I'm not sure I wanna start now!

    Thanks, Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot dogs with cole slaw? Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was me, being a dufus about the cole slaw and hot dog and not being able to type my name. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's awesome - I hope the online thing works out. They won't have webcams, will they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, Sam. I've done that a few times myself.

    Lesley, dear God I hope not! That would be a deal breaker. I tend to look like Diana Ross's alien love child when I'm in my pjs (biggg hair). LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!