Wednesday, August 15, 2007

And the winner is....

The time to draw for the winner of a lovely copy of Timothy Findley's Pilgrim is here, and the winner is...

Kristy, from Just Another Blogger!!

Thanks to everyone who entered the drawing. There was a much bigger turnout than I expected. Keep an eye out, I've got lots of books and nowhere to put them, so I'm sure there will be another contest in the near future.

And if you're looking for more freebies, you can always check out the monthly "Door Prize" book giveaway at Estella's Revenge. This month's book is The Lost Constitution, by William Martin, so go enter before time is up!

***********************************

Just to report about everyday life, I have to say, I'm enjoying my last days of summer freedom. Tonight is adjunct faculty orientation at Far Away Community College, and I can't say that I'm looking forward to it. However, if I'm to look at the silver lining in this particular situation, it's a heck of a lot easier to find everything out in one night than trying to cull together all the bits of info that I wouldn't be getting otherwise. In the case of Really Close Community College I missed the orientation, and I'm culling as we speak.

I'm almost halfway through Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood, and I LOVE IT. Murakami's prose is so interesting! I don't know any other way to describe it than that. I know I'm probably the last person to jump on this respective book boat, but I'm glad I got some urging from a Shelfari group member to pick up some of his stuff. I'll save any in-depth thoughts for when I finish. And I'll certainly post some illustrative quotes to share the love.

For now:

Off to Really Close Community College to make some copies, turn in my syllabi, and pick up one of the books for the course.

6 comments:

  1. Kristy is a lucky duck!

    Good luck, Andi! And I nominated you for a Thoughtful Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There's nothing better than a free book;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me so excited about Norwegian Wood that I went to look for it at our bookstore. Nope, they didn't have it. Sigh. And, their air conditioning was on the fritz! A bookstore without decent air is not a happy place. We left without buying anything - that's verrrry unusual.

    Good luck with your new jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Congrats to Kristy! I've been reading some reviews of Norwegian Wood. Sounds like a winner.

    Hope you school year starts out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter where I go, there's somebody reading a Murakami. Heh.

    Enjoy Norwegian Woods.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!