Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Amusement in the morning...

I was looking over Miranda July's website, because even though I haven't read a single one of her stories, I'm sort of obsessed with her in a writerly girl-crush sort of way. Anywho, I got a nice giggle out of the website for her book of short stories, No One Belongs Here More Than You. To entice you to visit, I'll just say that she made it using her refrigerator and stovetop. Just go look, I'm not even going to explain it.

I'm a proud new member of GoodReads.com. Because I neeeeeded to catalogue my books online at yet another site. However, while I love Shelfari dearly, and will continue to use it, GoodReads is a little quicker and easier at times. So I'll do both. It's twice the reason to procrastinate. If you want to "friend" me because you're a GoodReads user, too, just leave me a comment, I'll e-mail you and give the contact info. God knows I don't need any more SPAM in my inbox because I put the address on this blog. Oy!

Still reading: Wuthering Heights and A Cook's Tour and loving both.

7 comments:

  1. I have been hearing about Miranda July every-freaking-where. I am going to have to buy her book,damnit.
    I'm on goodreads but I haven't done a thing with it yet. I will soon, though. ARe you on facebook, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, I am on Facebook! I'll e-mail ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried Goodreads. I did like it, but once I came across Shelfari i quickly switched over. I think it was the warm community that sucked me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forget where I first saw that site, but it is hilarious, no? Great marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for turning us on to Miranda's website, I really enjoyed it-quite original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dschauffer, it's pretty great, isn't it? I don't think I'll leave it or anything, but I do dig GoodReads shelf-making ability (fancy version of tags). We'll see. I have plenty of procrastinating to do...enough for at least two cataloging sites. ;)

    Soj, it IS great marketing! Miranda July is wonderfully weird and artsy, and I think I love her.

    Fem, go forth and spread the word! I'll see what else I can dig up to entertain ya! (Good to see you commenting again, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for talking about Shelfari. However, you may want to keep your new membership private:).

    At any rate, we just launched a new blog widget at www.shelfari.com/widget. Try it out and let me know what you think.

    --Dave from Shelfari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!