I have a plethora of stuff around me...books, papers, a mostly-empty water bottle (I always have one with me). I'm lamenting the fact that I didn't bring my card reader with me, so I can't post pics.
I have two books with me to read: Wuthering Heights and Me Talk Pretty One Day. I should probably be making conference reservations for November, or grading something, or running off tests.
OK, fine, I'll share some of the procrastination I've been engaged in recently:
This, dear friends, is a ring. A cute, sweet-lookin' ring that you can purchase for your very own at Robin's Jewelry Box (an Etsy store). Go over and take a look at the other cute, food themed jewelry: a toaster pin, an icing bowl ring, an ice cream cone necklace. I have a little disposable income at the moment, so I think I'm going to dispose posthaste.
And something SOOOO cute from Cute Overload.
Oh, and before I forget, I am doing Carl's RIPing 5 Challenge. Here's the deal:
The challenge will coincide with the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge II running from September 1st to October 31st, 2007.
Again, the challenge is this: make some positive healthy changes to your lifestyle that will become habits leading to overall better health and a longer life. To stay focused I have included the goal of losing 5 pounds during this time, but please remember, you can sign up to join in without having to focus on the number of pounds lost.
- Drink more water, fewer cokes (cokes, in Texas, meaning anything sodalike in the rest of the world)
- Take the stairs. I climb a buttload of them in a day, so I might as well make a concerted effort to skip the elevator and get some exercise.
- Eat out less. Always a goal.
- Make healthier choices when eating out. Just say no to grease.
- Shave off much of the sugar in my diet. I've eaten WAY too much lately.