Monday, November 19, 2007

Grbledwhatblarg....

Meh.

I'm feeling very "meh." Not sure what my problem is. I know it can't be PMS unless it's happening after menstruation now. Could be. Maybe I'm the first in a new line of evolved human females with Post Menstrual Syndrome. It could happen. 10 year olds have babies nowadays. I remember the good old days when no one had sex until they were 21 and married. That's what my mom told me, anyway.

I haven't gotten much reading done lately because I have an attention span in the negative integer range (that just came back to me from 9th grade math...negative integers; my teacher would be so proud.)

My skin is great. I spent $32 on some sort of swanky moisturizer most likely made from the brain stems of fetal pigs. But it's like SO worth it for this baby-soft complexion. No one can tell me otherwise. Screw consumer responsibility. I've been showing "Super Size Me" to my classes, doing good for mankind by unleashing the truth about McDonald's on the masses. Surely that earns me enough cool points in the grand scheme of things that I can use the fetal pig moisturizer with little to no guilt.

I'm thinking of buying one of those big reusable shopping bags so I don't choke sea turtles with my used plastic bags that end up in landfills and the ocean. Although, I'm pretty sure enough harsh chemicals were unleased into lakes and rivers and the ozone layer making the reusable shopping bag that it all kind of evens out in the end. Or maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Unfortunately that's all the witty anecdotes I have at the moment. I'll be back with you in two shakes with more depressing observations. And hopefully a full report on the great book I just read.

Books on the docket:
Only Revolutions, by Mark Z. Danielewski (the crackhead that wrote House of Leaves)
Special Topics in Calamity Physics, by Marisha Pessl
Specimen Days, by Michael Cunningham

On ye olde iPod: "Learn to Fly"...Foo Fighters

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon.

    I bought half dozen of those shopping bags. They probably work better if I'd remember to take them with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you on the Meh! Just can't figure out what it is. Can't already be the holiday blues....

    Then again, I have a house to clean and a Thanksgiving to host, so that could be my problem.

    I have some of those reusable bags too. I'm all for saving the environment. Just wish I could do more!! (of course, getting rid of the gas-guzzling SUV would help. But I LOVE my ride!) Guess I need to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, hope you are feeling better today! I'm with Chris, if only I could remember to take my shopping bags with me then I'd be doing something good. Ha,ha.. I have learned though to ask for no bag when I buy just one or two items. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chris! I need to put mine in the trunk.

    Steph, me too. I considered buying a hyrbrid but the gas mileage wouldn't be THAT much better than what I already have. And my bank account cant deal with it right now. Blarrg.

    Same here, Iliana. I try to NOT get bags if I don't need 'em.

    LOL, Carl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!