Friday, December 28, 2007

A'frolicking we will go...

Another trip to the doctor under my belt and I FINALLY have some kick-ass antibiotics. I expect this sinus thing to be DONE soon. I hope. And you' won't believe what happened. WON'T BELIEVE. This is one of the many reasons why I love small towns. First, when I went to the doctor's office (Urgent Care...no insurance type of walk-in doctor's office) they didn't charge me for an office visit because it was a follow-up. But then, when I went to the small Mom and Pop drug store, THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME FOR MY PRESCRIPTIONS!!!! They simply said the pharmacist was feeling benevolent and I should focus on getting better. HOW SWEET! They're totally gonna get a thank you card and a goody basket next week.

Tomorrow B. and I are off to Myrtle Beach until New Year's Day. We're gonna rent an oceanfront condo and probably spend New Year's Eve at Margaritaville. We went a couple of years ago, and it was the BEST time I've ever had on New Year's Eve. I'm so glad we get to go back for some rest and relaxation.

I hope you all have a wonderful time in my absence. Be safe and Happy New Year!!!

11 comments:

  1. How nice of the pharmacist! It sounds like the end of your year has taken a turn for the better. Enjoy your time in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that medicine does kick your sinus infection's ass. The only time I've ever had a sinus infection, it took four months to go away. Hope you have a great time at Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous (about Myrtle Beach, not the sinus infection;-). Have a great and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all that's awesome... not the sinus infection, but the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome at the universe being nice to you! Those pharmacists sound very friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time awa y - it sounds like the perfect way to spend new year, and to get rid of an unpleasant infection. We've all been down with a hideous cold so you have my wholehearted sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time, Andi, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it when people are nice :)
    Hope you have a fantastic time relaxing (maybe reading some of your gift books!) and celebrating the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's amazing that the pharmacist gave you the meds without any charge! Hope they do the trick.

    What fun to spend New Year's in Myrtle Beach. I wish you a sunny, warmish day. I'll be happy if it doesn't snow here. Hmmm, maybe next year I should talk my hubby into a tropical vacation for Christmas/New Year's. I am so tired of being cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year!!!!

    I look forward to another great year of Estella's Revenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!