I have several pressing things I need to be doing:
- Write up a new paper assignment for my lit class
- Grade response papers for the lit class
- Write up a project assignment and test for my technical writing class
However, with a lazy stretch of afternoon ahead of me in the writing center (it's 12:10 and I already met with my one scheduled appointment for the day) I would love to be doing about a zillion other things.
- Reading either of the two books I have on the go
- Downstairs browsing the fiction section of the college library
- Writing a column
- Organizing my new office space at home
Yep, I'd prefer doing just about anything to what I'm doing right now. No, not blog posting. Sitting around, trapped in the office with other things on the horizon. Ahhh, the life of a short attention span.
In this here photo, you'll notice "the flying pigs" as I affectionately refer to them. This is a small group of the much larger flock of Yellow Finches that have taken up residence at our house. There's plenty of food, which is one of the many reasons I live at my house, so I can't say I blame them for taking up with us. Aren't they cute? And they have a much shorter attention span than me, and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.