Monday, May 19, 2008

The Sorrows of an American, etc.

This week's installment of "The Finicky Reader" is a review of Siri Hustvedt's newest novel, The Sorrows of an American. I really liked this book, but it was a departure for Hustvedt in some ways. It didn't grab me by the nosehairs like The Blindfold or What I Loved, but it did engage me intellectually. I found myself really pondering what she was trying to accomplish in this novel and exactly how she was doing it.

Definitely a worthwhile read!

Read the review HERE.

Also, as a side note, check out my latest foray into vegetarian cooking at Unlikely Activist. This week's veggie dish (so far) is Artichoke-Feta Pasta. Yes, I know, I still dig dairy.

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of this author until I read your rave reviews. I have moved her work to the top of my list. Thanks for another great review.

    And the recipie sounds delicious - my husband won't touch artichokes however. Next time I have a friend over for lunch, I'll try it :) Or maybe I'll just make it for myself - after all, I'm worth it, right??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!