Saturday, June 28, 2008

RAT - Hour 6 Begins


Book I’m reading:
Reading Annette Curtis Klause's Blood and Choclate for the most part. I started Francine Prose's Reading Like a Writer, and while it's very good, it requires a little too much concentration. She dissects a lot of passages for their favorable literary quality, and my eyes hurt a bit much for that. I'll probably read her essays in between my other books.

Number of books read since I started: 1 - The Shadows of Ghadames

Pages Read since my last post: 62

Total pages read in the challenge: 180

Amount of time spent reading since my last post: 45 minutes - that seems to be my norm given breaks for eye strain and taking Daisy out to potty

Total amount of time spent reading in the challenge: 135 minutes

I'm off to visit some blogs and let my eyes rest. This afternoon light is a killer where I'm perched at the moment.

My apologies for the lack of homegrown photos today...my card reader is on the fritz.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, I don't think I could do a book right now that takes too much concentration! Great job with your reading--180 pages in 135 minutes is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trish! It does sound good when you put it that way. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think keeping it light is the way to go for the Read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!