Saturday, June 28, 2008

Read-A-Thon - Darcie's Intro Meme

Getting at this one a bit early...

Where are you reading from today? My living room! The boyfriend is watching TV, the dog is asleep, and I can only hope it stays that way long enough for me to get some reading done!

3 facts about me …
1. The majority of my books are packed away, so I might have to go box diving before it's all over!

2. I've hardly gotten to read for more than a 1-hour stretch since we got our puppy in February. I'm really glad she's beginning to nap more!

3. I feel sort of guilty spending 24 hours reading when I'm set to move Wednesday of next week. Maybe B. will still consider this quality time.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
There are 7 next to me, but I have several hundred packed away. The sky's the limit!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I tend to consider myself a slow reader, so I don't have any set pages. I hope I can get through at least three to five books barring distractions. We'll see!

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
No idea! I'm new myself, and I'm so glad I got in on it this time!

6 comments:

  1. I was reading through your blog and saw the info about the read-a-thon this morning. I had to give it a try.

    I'm happy to hear you're librarian-bound. I adore being a librarian. I am in a near-blissful state every day. I get to teach and I get to read....What could be better?

    Good luck with the read-a-thon! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Andi! I hope you get lots of reading done, and above all, have a good time :) Hopefully Daisy will cooperate :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always mix a little bit of sleeping pill into Daisy's food...
    lol, just kidding. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good luck! At least reading will be a nice break from packing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cahn doo eet!

    I guess we're two peas in a pod, though, 'cause I'm working my way to the 200 mark of TBR books! I just can't help myself...

    *ahem* "My name is Trish and I'm a bookaholic."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are smart not to set a page goal. I am a slow reader as well...snail slow compared to some other bloggers and I set a "challenge" goal for myself that I am not going to hit unless I learn to speed read in the next hour...not likely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!