Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Killing Time Meme

Wednesday morning, coming down! What a week this promises to be. I'm scrambling to finish as much planning as humanly possible for my online classes. Two of them start on Friday, one starts on Monday, and the other two kick in on September 2nd. Not to mention my own graduate courses starting up soon, which means orientations, web-institute inservice days, and all kinds of other stuff.

And to top it all off, it rained here in northeast Texas for the first time since Daisy and I arrived back here on July 3rd. Daisy doesn't like getting her feet wet, so she's appointed our sunroom her own personal toilet. Kinda graphic and TMI for most of you blog readers, I'm sure, but it's not much more pleasant for me, I assure you. Not sure how to break her of this one. Now she apparently doesn't like dew either. Finicky little diva.

I'm not reading much because a) I'm having a hard time finding a book that does anything for me b) I've been watching Michael Phelps's abs--err, swimming. I'm following the women's gymnastics, too, and what a heartbreaker last night for Alicia Sacramone. They did a great job overall, though.

Without further ado, here's a new meme! I snagged this one from Courtney at Everything In Between...


1. My uncle once: insisted that we stole part of his inheritance and made a complete ass of himself. One incident in a long line of stupidity. We haven't talked to him in over 3 years now. Am I sad? No. Sometimes even family members drag one down and should be ignored in order to maintain sanity.

2. Never in my life: have I intentionally destroyed a book. Sick bastards!

3. When I was five: I was scared of everything. The dark and E.T. specifically.

4. High school was: a pain in the ass. I would not revisit adolescence for any amount of money.

5. I will never forget: my first kiss. His name was Tommy and it was behind his parents' car when we were playing hide and seek with his sister.


6. Once I met: Jason Kidd and the rest of the 1994/95 Dallas Mavericks basketball team! One of the most exciting moments of my life.

7. There’s this girl I know: who peed in the street when I made her laugh uncontrollably. In her defense, we were eight years old.

8. Once, at a bar: I sat in a gay man's lap (or so my friends assure me he was gay). He was wearing a very nice jacket. That explains everything.

9. By noon, I’m usually: procrastinating.

10. Last night: I wanted a nap, but it was sort of pointless given the hour. I ended up uninstalling all of my SIMS 2 expansion packs in an effort to make the damn game work right again. No dice!

11. If only I had: a cherry blossom tattoo. Give me another few months and it'll happen!

12. Next time I go to church: will be as big a surprise to me as everyone else!

13. What worries me most: right now? Work. Or lack thereof. I have work, it's just part-time, and that blows.

14. When I turn my head left I see: my TV stand with DirecTV receiver and a stack of Friends seasons.

15. When I turn my head right I see: Daisy's crate and a stack of paper that needs shredding.

16. You know I’m lying when: I'm stuttery and pathetic. I'm a horrible liar.

17. What I miss most about the 80s is: Mary Lou Retton <--stole that answer Mary Lou was the best part of the 80s by far. Oh, and Footloose. That was a good moment for the 80s.


18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Iago! Because he's the best villain ever. Except I would need to be much better at lying (see #8).

19. By this time next year: I'd like to have a boatload of Library Science classes under my belt. Or have a fuller-time teaching gig. Either would be fine.

20. A better name for me would be: Lola...she was a showgirl.

21. I have a hard time understanding: stupid, tacky, rude people. I have a hard time being intentionally (or unintentionally) mean. Snarky, yes. Mean, no.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: ....stop right there. After this second Masters degree I think I'm done. DONE!

23. You know I like you if: I go out with you more than twice. Speaking to the men in the room.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my mom! She's the greatest ever.


25. Take my advice, never: walk 4 miles when your knee already hurts. It puts a damper on one's walking for several days afterward.

26. My ideal breakfast is: anything involving sausage gravy. Put it on eggs, bacon, biscuits, toast, steak. Whatever. It's a rarity for me, but it's TASTY.

27. A song I love but do not have is: anything from the Foo Fighters' In Your Honor album--one of my favorites, but I have no idea where the damn thing is.


28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: don't blink or you'll miss it.


29. Why won’t people: recycle!!! Or change their bulbs to CFL????? It's not hard or terribly time consuming.


30. If you spend a night at my house: you will have to sleep on an air mattress in my bedroom floor because we don't have a guest room.


31. I’d stop my wedding for: a very good reason that escapes me right now. Assuming I get married at all.

32. The world could do without: George Dubya Bush.

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of George Dubya Bush.

34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: my bestest friend Rachel. She makes me giggle uncontrollably and could blackmail me very easily if she wanted to.

35. Paper clips are more useful than: George Dubya Bush (I'm sorry, I'll stop now).

36. If I do anything well it’s: be loyal.

37. And by the way: I am hungry with no idea what to eat. It's too darn hot for much of anything except chicken salad and ice cream.

14 comments:

  1. Ditto for Mr. Phelps. :-)

    And you've met your Mavs! (Or some of them anyway.) That's soooo fun! I've met a few of our current T-Wolves, and I just adore them. I have a pic of me and Craig Smith on my desk at work. :-)

    Have a great day Andi! (And good luck with Daisy and the sunroom. Bummer.)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Meme. I ditto your answers involving GWB. Good luck getting prepared for your online classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Jason Kidd! Handsome man. I mean, great ball player :)

    I'll probably steal this meme because I've no strength to come up with a post on a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She... doesn't like... Dew?

    :(((((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you ever date a guy named Tony?
    LOL on the Bush stuff!
    Maybe I'll do this one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lezlie, woohoo! Isn't that something? *drool* That was a great year for the Mavs, too...Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn, Roy Tarpley (ok, not so good there).

    Beastmomma, isn't he just the worst? On his Olympics interview the other night he said something to the effect of "the US doesn't have problems." I vomited in my mouth a bit.

    LOL, Lightheaded. I've always had a soft spot for JK.

    LOL, Dewey. Sad but true! Odd thing is she loves water. She blows bubbles in her water bowl, but doesn't want to get her feet wet to poo.

    LOL, Char, no Tony. That I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone makes funny of me when I say ET scared me, but come on! He was scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, man! You put Barry in my head!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So a fan much of George Dubya? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah. Go Phelps! I have a photo of his calves, you know. Quite muscular, those legs.

    Not a fan of W. Nope, nope, nope.

    That was fun reading. I might have to do this meme as therapy. I'm recovering from a very, very bad day. Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your answers are great although now I've got Copacabana on my mind :)

    Had a very good laugh with #35.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephanie, he was SO GROSS. Especially when he fell in that river or whatever and turned all pale. Ugg!

    Whahahhahaa, Pilgrim. That's my mad scientist laugh.

    LOL, Kim! I'm president of his fan club.

    Feel free, Nancyroo! I would LOVE to see your answers. And I haven't focused on his calves, but I should! I love calves. Almost as much a shoulders.

    *taking a bow* Thanks, Iliana! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love #9 and #33.

    i'm going to do this tomorrow on "filching friday." :-)

    it's a good meme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great meme!! Thanks for the laughs. I especially love 32, 33 and 35. I'm definitely not a fan, either. 158 days remaining!!

    Hope Miss Daisy settles down and abandons the sunroom for the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!