Wednesday morning, coming down! What a week this promises to be. I'm scrambling to finish as much planning as humanly possible for my online classes. Two of them start on Friday, one starts on Monday, and the other two kick in on September 2nd. Not to mention my own graduate courses starting up soon, which means orientations, web-institute inservice days, and all kinds of other stuff.
And to top it all off, it rained here in northeast Texas for the first time since Daisy and I arrived back here on July 3rd. Daisy doesn't like getting her feet wet, so she's appointed our sunroom her own personal toilet. Kinda graphic and TMI for most of you blog readers, I'm sure, but it's not much more pleasant for me, I assure you. Not sure how to break her of this one. Now she apparently doesn't like dew either. Finicky little diva.
I'm not reading much because a) I'm having a hard time finding a book that does anything for me b) I've been watching Michael Phelps's abs--err, swimming. I'm following the women's gymnastics, too, and what a heartbreaker last night for Alicia Sacramone. They did a great job overall, though.
Without further ado, here's a new meme! I snagged this one from Courtney at Everything In Between...
1. My uncle once: insisted that we stole part of his inheritance and made a complete ass of himself. One incident in a long line of stupidity. We haven't talked to him in over 3 years now. Am I sad? No. Sometimes even family members drag one down and should be ignored in order to maintain sanity.
2. Never in my life: have I intentionally destroyed a book. Sick bastards!
3. When I was five: I was scared of everything. The dark and E.T. specifically.
4. High school was: a pain in the ass. I would not revisit adolescence for any amount of money.
5. I will never forget: my first kiss. His name was Tommy and it was behind his parents' car when we were playing hide and seek with his sister.
6. Once I met: Jason Kidd and the rest of the 1994/95 Dallas Mavericks basketball team! One of the most exciting moments of my life.
7. There’s this girl I know: who peed in the street when I made her laugh uncontrollably. In her defense, we were eight years old.
8. Once, at a bar: I sat in a gay man's lap (or so my friends assure me he was gay). He was wearing a very nice jacket. That explains everything.
9. By noon, I’m usually: procrastinating.
10. Last night: I wanted a nap, but it was sort of pointless given the hour. I ended up uninstalling all of my SIMS 2 expansion packs in an effort to make the damn game work right again. No dice!
11. If only I had: a cherry blossom tattoo. Give me another few months and it'll happen!
12. Next time I go to church: will be as big a surprise to me as everyone else!
13. What worries me most: right now? Work. Or lack thereof. I have work, it's just part-time, and that blows.
14. When I turn my head left I see: my TV stand with DirecTV receiver and a stack of Friends seasons.
15. When I turn my head right I see: Daisy's crate and a stack of paper that needs shredding.
16. You know I’m lying when: I'm stuttery and pathetic. I'm a horrible liar.
17. What I miss most about the 80s is: Mary Lou Retton <--stole that answer Mary Lou was the best part of the 80s by far. Oh, and Footloose. That was a good moment for the 80s.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Iago! Because he's the best villain ever. Except I would need to be much better at lying (see #8).
19. By this time next year: I'd like to have a boatload of Library Science classes under my belt. Or have a fuller-time teaching gig. Either would be fine.
20. A better name for me would be: Lola...she was a showgirl.
21. I have a hard time understanding: stupid, tacky, rude people. I have a hard time being intentionally (or unintentionally) mean. Snarky, yes. Mean, no.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: ....stop right there. After this second Masters degree I think I'm done. DONE!
23. You know I like you if: I go out with you more than twice. Speaking to the men in the room.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my mom! She's the greatest ever.
25. Take my advice, never: walk 4 miles when your knee already hurts. It puts a damper on one's walking for several days afterward.
26. My ideal breakfast is: anything involving sausage gravy. Put it on eggs, bacon, biscuits, toast, steak. Whatever. It's a rarity for me, but it's TASTY.
27. A song I love but do not have is: anything from the Foo Fighters' In Your Honor album--one of my favorites, but I have no idea where the damn thing is.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: don't blink or you'll miss it.
29. Why won’t people: recycle!!! Or change their bulbs to CFL????? It's not hard or terribly time consuming.
30. If you spend a night at my house: you will have to sleep on an air mattress in my bedroom floor because we don't have a guest room.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: a very good reason that escapes me right now. Assuming I get married at all.
32. The world could do without: George Dubya Bush.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of George Dubya Bush.
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: my bestest friend Rachel. She makes me giggle uncontrollably and could blackmail me very easily if she wanted to.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: George Dubya Bush (I'm sorry, I'll stop now).
36. If I do anything well it’s: be loyal.
37. And by the way: I am hungry with no idea what to eat. It's too darn hot for much of anything except chicken salad and ice cream.