Friday, September 19, 2008

Bullet Blitz!

Life in bullets:

  • Off to the library in just a couple of minutes. Need to finish up some info hunt assignments and source evaluations for Access and Retrieval class.
  • I spent last night at a pub poetry reading. I was drinking Black Iguana...margaritas for spacewomen (they were in frozen pouches...kinda like Capri Sun).
  • Daisy goes to the groomer for the first time ever tomorrow. I say a little whispery prayer for the groomer.
  • Am swamped! Student papers to grade, grad school reading to do, another Estella coming up fast. Whew!
  • Am reading Capote in Kansas slowly but surely...when my eyes aren't too heavy and my brain isn't waterlogged.
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia premiere was last night. Dee got waterboarded. So wrong, so RIGHT!
  • Gotta jet!

Back later with consistently full sentences...maybe even paragraphs!

10 comments:

  1. Am reading Capote in Kansas as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry pub reading? Sounds fun. I miss the States and events happening in English.

    I hope you got a little sloshed because that makes poetry more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are busy, busy. I am too - I don't know how but I am what with family and home stuff. Ah well... I'm getting ready to start Capote in Kansas - how are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pub poetry readings are one of those things that always seem to need the right vibe. Sometimes they can get taken over by too many turgid and depressed 'nobody understands my pain' poets. Mind you, that's probably good for the pub's profits, what with everyone drowning their sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will we eventually catch our breaths and return to the blog world we love Damn, I hope so. This is getting redonkulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo, I want a black iguana! Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, hey, there's this award going around, and I passed it on to you. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious to hear what you think of the Capote book. Those drinks definitely sound different!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyy, Chris! CAn't wait to read what you think about it.

    Nik, veryyy fun. I did get a wee tad tipsy. Not tipsy enough, in fact. Must work on that with a bottle of wine tonight.

    Iliana, family and home stuff are great at imposing the busies. I hostessed (is that a word) a baby shower weekend before last, been hanging out with mom, other family stuff, so I know how it goes. Looove Capote in Kansas so far. REally nicely done.

    Stu, luckily there was much upbeat/hilarious reading at this particular poetry night. We even had a song and a novel snippet. Really good stuff.

    Amen, Courtney!

    Tammy, fab-u-lous. And fun. I can't get enough of alcohol in a sippy sack.

    Thank you soooo velly much, Melissa!

    Crossing my fingers for you to get unswamped soon, Bellezza!

    Lesley, I'll let ya know! People kept asking me all night, in regards to the drinks, "What IS it? And can it possibly taste good?"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!