Friday, September 05, 2008

Personally: Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah is right. I'm super busy and my energy is super sapped! I'm having something of a professional crisis as I REALLY want to teach full time again, and I'm somewhat disgruntled with the library idea. It's a great program, but I'm already wondering if there's any hope I could like it as much as I enjoy teaching. I moved back to Texas at an impossible time to hunt for a full time teaching job, so I'm stuck in limbo until the end of the fall semester and the end of the spring semester. We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed that I can find a job as great as the one I passed up in NC.

I'm taking the afternoon off from my online classes and my own graduate courses to sit in the sunroom and read. I feel all stuffy inside, like my emotions and intellect are all blocked up by the clutter in my head, so I hope some quality reading time, and time away from the computer and TV, can snap me out of it.

Just wanted to pop in, say hello, and give you all the update. I hope I'll be back to my usual reading, blogging self soon.

11 comments:

  1. Stuffy inside is such a good description! I have to pretty much schedule 'release time', lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I know that the first two classes...well 5600 really had me questioning if I was in the right degree, right program, and what am I doing!!!?? But hang in there!! Definitely find time to destress and relax. And I hope you find a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you're having second thoughts. Hopefully a great teaching gig will show up, and while you're waiting, you're still acquiring usful new skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get all your answers soon! I really need to come by here more than once a week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Eva. I knew you'd understand!

    Amanda, it's not really the classes I'm having a problem with, or library science for that matter, just wondering if I'll like librarying as much as I like teaching. I loooove teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stu, I sincerely and desperately hope you're right. I'm cleaving to that idea in the meantime.

    Thanks, Os! I've been horrible at blog hopping lately, so you're doing way better than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well....only you can figure out what's best for you. Hopefully, you will find something that makes you happy. After working many years at a job I hated, I'm going out on a limb and say job satisfaction is the most important thing to look for. Not money or benefits, although both rank right up there. Good luck.

    I've been waiting to see what you have to say about Palin.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, teaching certainly does make me happy, but it's a bitch finding a full time gig. All the adjuncting that has to go in first and whatnot. I'm certainly not in it for the money (although the benefits, awesome!). I'm keeping an eye out since a teaching job would certainly be my first choice.

    As for Palin. Just another republican!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you find a great teaching job, Andi. And like stu said, in the meantime you're learning something else that's useful. You sound like an awesome teacher so I'm sure something good will eventually show up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. Thanks for the update. You'll be fine, soon. You're just adjusting, Andiloo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Job hunting is so tough right now... Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!