Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beginning of Hour 1

A "getting to know me" meme courtesy of Dewey's first post o'the day:

Where are you reading from today? I'm reading from a very small town in northeast Texas. It's about 40 minutes northeast of Dallas. As for my own personal location: my bed!

3 facts about me:

1. I have very curly hair.
2. I have no intention of getting out of my pajamas today.
3. I like Spicy Nach Doritos better than any crack food in the world.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 17 pulled especially for thi occasion (no way in hell I'll be able to read them all), plus the hundreds in my TBR stack.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I only managed to polish off 2 books last year, and I'm shooting for five this year. More if possible. As for hours, I ususually take a break or two an hour to do things like this (although it may be less this time around). We'll see.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time? Read short books and rest as needed. In other words, don't kill your eyes!

Now, back to The Partly Cloudy Patriot!

6 comments:

  1. If I was reading, I probably wouldn't bother getting out of my pj's either, although I usually need a shower or something to wake me up. So, maybe shower and then straight back to pjs :)

    Good luck reading today and don't end up like this... http://www.ahajokes.com/crt579.html

    Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in mj PJs, but I don't think I'll get to stay in them :(

    Happy Reading Andish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I have super curly hair too and no time for a straight iron today - so I jumped out of the shower into a fresh pair of jammies (featuring happy bunny) and tried to make a messy bun out of my crazy curls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still in my pajamas, too, and won't get dressed until it's time to go for a hike later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a day of pyjamas and books sounds like heaven... I have to organize things so I can participate next year for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!