Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finis!

Welp, I haven't gotten much read on this last stretch because I haven't been feeling too well, but the grand total is 8 books, 2 short stories, and an unfinished novel and graphic novel for 1,269 pages. I'm pretty proud of myself, and now I'm going to bed. lol

I'll have a full wrap up in a few hours along with some proper reviews.

Thanks to Dewey and all her helpers, all the readers, and all the cheerleaders for making this a great time!

The final challenge: The Wrap Up!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
22!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Incantation, by Alice Hoffmany
I Was Told There'd Be Cake, by Sloane Crosley
The Partly Cloudy Patriot, by Sarah Vowell

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The organization was flawless!

5. How many books did you read?
8 and some bits

6. What were the names of the books you read?
See the sidebar.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Probably Incantation.

8. Which did you enjoy least?
They were all good, so there wasn't really a loser.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
NA

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
100% I love it!

14 comments:

  1. alrightttttt! that was AWESOME!!

    good work! i can't really believe u did so many!! i m so freaking impressd!!

    now take rest and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go McAndish!! I am so impressed you made it! And by how much you read! I'm so glad you liked Incantation. Did I send you that? I can't remember!! Anyway, get some rest girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Andi! They are some awesome stats there!

    Now...go get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Andi!!!

    Now a shower and bed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! And if you had to dance to any cheezy 80's music to stay awake, I want to know what it was. :-)

    Sleep well!
    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Veens!

    Heatheroo, thank ya! I never dreamed I'd get that much read. I was a woman possessed! And yes, you did send Incantation. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! It was wonderful and sad and great.

    Thank you, Marg!

    Amen, Nat! I actually took a shower earlier in the evening to refresh me and keep me peppy. Now I'm up for Sunday and feel like I need another one!

    Thanks, Gautami!

    LOL, Lezlie! I decided to forego the 80s music. Daisy was asleep and I don't interrupt unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - I am really impressed that you can read soooo many books one after the other! Have a nice sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Andi! That's seriously impressive. I hope you got some good sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andi, I'm rubbish at multitasking so I've only just got around to dropping by my fellow read-a-thoners to stare in awe at their challenge performance. I look at yours in more awe than most others - 8. I mean come on. I did 3!
    Seriously though Congratulations on a remarkable effort
    Warmest
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Andi! I didn't have time to check in over the the weekend, so catching up on your amazing reading was the perfect way to start a cloudy Monday morning in London!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Seachanges! I don't do it often, but it was nice to indulge.

    Thanks, Grayskyeyes! I got lots and lots of sleep yesterday.

    Thank ya, Nik!

    Thanks, Rob! SEveral of them were children's or young adult, so that sort of accounts for the pure mass of titles. lol

    Thanks, Logophile! I hope you see a title or two you can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job Andi! I am just starting to get back to my normal schedule, man was I tired. But it was way too much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!