Friday, October 31, 2008

Whahahahaha!!!!!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

You know my favorite part of Halloween? All the good TV. I'm not usually a TV junkie, but during October, I scour the tube for scary movies, great documentaries, and specials.

I spent most of last night watching Biography Channel and the History Channel. There were biographies of Bram Stoker, a look back at the Salem Witch Trials, and other good spooky stuff.

Today I woke up to an all-day marathon of one of my favorite horrible shows, Ghost Hunters!!!! And tonight there's a 7-hour live investigation airing on the Sci-Fi channel. I'll watch whatever's leftover after our trick-or-treaters make the rounds.

Yesterday Netflix sent me a bit of good Halloween programming: Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. This is the first I've seen of Sweeney Todd (I know I'm way behind the curve), and I looooove it so far. LOVE. I got sleepy and didn't get to finish, but I'm sure I'll finish it off here in a little while.

I'm costumeless this year, unless I pose as a "nutty professor," but that's everyday really. My mom, the city secretary here in our hometown, is dressed as a "Cereal Killer" today. She left the house adorned with ripped and stabbed miniature cereal boxes (blood drawn on), she dotted her face and mouth with fake blood, and she's got a costume bloody knife in her pocket to wield all day. The court clerk in the office dressed as a dead runaway bride: wedding garb complete with veil, tennis shoes, and a painted dead face. They're having a big time while I'm still in my pjs lazing around with Daisy.

I think I'll go prep the candy bowl soon so I can dip into it on and off all day.

I hope you all have a great day and night! I'll try to gather some pics of the Halloweeny goings-on here tonight.

12 comments:

  1. I'm going to be dressed as a fencer, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh I loved Sweeney Todd. We saw it in the theaters and just got it on Bluray. I had Joanna's song in my head the whole day after we watched again.

    I'm the "crazy mom" in the tee-shirt and jeans with a little lion on my hip and the purple fairy in my wake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just finished our (third grade) room party which was fun, BUT...I'm going home to take a couple of Excedrins. Thanks for hints on what to watch tonight; I'm always clueless about TV.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dashing indeed, Stu!

    Heatheroo, is our purple fairy all ready to go?? And I'm sure the lion will be ferocious.

    Bellezza, you are a better woman than I. When I was teaching high school parties were exhausting. Enjoy those Excedrin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a HUGE Ghost Hunters fan but this live show is a bit boring right now. I want to go on a real ghost hunt myself. I love the paranormal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, yep, I'm pretty bored by it, too! I prefer the edited, hour-long version. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pumpkin! sounds like you have a terrific roster of Halloweenie viewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, it was excellent Halloween viewing. I finished up Sweeney Todd today, and it was superlative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't seen Sweeney Todd, it's on my list, it just hasn't been sent out yet (boo) By Halloween night I managed to come down with a horrific cold and was in bed by 8:30, so I missed all the good stuff. I'm still not feeling well :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I hope you're feeling tip top again soon, Michelle. Sweeney Todd was just brilliant. I have no doubt I'll buy it to add to the permanent collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, man! I'd love to see a picture of your mom's costume. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Les, she was pretty darn cute. You'd be amazed how many people TOTALLY didn't get the costume. Oy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!