Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hour 21 Wrap!

Finished....book...number...eight...

No, really, I'm still awake. Fading, but I'm determined to make it the WHOLE WAY THROUGH. Determined I tell you. If I have to hop around and dance to cheesy 80s songs before it's over I will MAKE THE SACRIFICE! And scare the neighbors.

Ghostsitters, by Angie Sage was really cute. It sort of reminds me of A Series of Unfortunate Events, but far more upbeat. A blurb...

When Aunt Tabby and Uncle Drac head off to Transylvania, Araminta is upset—they're going to be away on her birthday. However, when it turns out that her almost-grown-up cousin, Mathilda, will be babysitting, it seems things couldn't get any better. But Mathilda's brought along trouble: two rowdy teenage ghosts, Ned and Jed, who listen to no one. It's a disaster! Can the girls figure out a way to get Ned and Jed out of the house for good?

Good times. I didn't realize it at first, but Sage is also the author of the Septimus Heap books. I haven't read them yet, but they're waiting patiently on my stacks. To learn more and see some fantastic illustrations, head on over to the Araminta Spookie website!

What the HECK am I going to read now?! Definitely needs to be something else mindless, or if not mindless at least very visual. Will have to paw through my graphic novels. See y'all in a bit!

Total pages so far: 1237!

1 comment:

  1. I'm super in awe of you making it the whole way - I will definately try to up my game next time around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!