Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hour 7 Wrap Up, Hour 8 Begins!

Hour 6 was kind of slow, and things picked back up in 7. Took some time in Hour 6 to have lunch (chicken fried steak, pinto beans, salad) from the cafe down the street. I read a litte bit of Wondrous Strange, but it seemed to be moving reallyyyy slowwwwly and was making me sleepy, so I put it aside in favor of Walter Dean Myers' new book, Dope Sick (releases Feb. 2009).

Myers is well known for his fiction about inner-city youth. His novels Scorpions and Monster are probably his most famous.

So far Dope Sick is a really good read. I should finish it soon, so I'll report back in a bit.

Tallies:

Books read so far: 3, about to be 4, and part of a 5th.
Pages since last update: 130
Total pages: 486

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I can't wait to hear what you think of Dope Sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your doing great so far. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fantastic, Trish!

    Gautami, thanks!

    Sam, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!