It's less than a month until my 28th birthday, and as is usually the case, I'm in the process of getting sick. It's probably a combination of allergens in the air and weather changes in Texas, but I am sick on or around my birthday every single year, and if things keep going the way they are now, this will be no exception.
I have a medium pile of stuff to do:
- Print off lecture notes for tomorrow night's online midterm.
- Finish up my next Bibliobuffet column.
- Grade the second writing assignment for one class before 3 other classes come sliding in.
- Read for my other graduate class and post some discussion before the module is due on Sunday.
Things I would rather do:
- Read The Year of Living Biblically.
- Watch Big Bang Theory that I DVRed last night.
In other news, Daisy has officially become a teenager. I know this because she's been digging an intricate system of tunnels and ditches in the back yard just in case McCain-Palin manage to pull off a victory. She's an Obama supporter, too, ya know. Or she might just be bored. I walked out in the back yard a few minutes ago in an attempt to rescue a potholder she got hold of, and then I noticed that she'd hidden pillow fuzz and potholder stuffing, fake flowers, and an empty Pepsi bottle in several of the holes. Stockpiling.
Never a dull moment around here.
For now, I'm off to shower in hopes of unclogging my head.
P.S. The owl necklace at left arrived in the mail yesterday. I love pretty baubles. They make me not care that I sound like a drunk munchkin when I talk with a stopped up head.