Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Happening...

The snot monster is here.


It's less than a month until my 28th birthday, and as is usually the case, I'm in the process of getting sick. It's probably a combination of allergens in the air and weather changes in Texas, but I am sick on or around my birthday every single year, and if things keep going the way they are now, this will be no exception.


I have a medium pile of stuff to do:


  • Print off lecture notes for tomorrow night's online midterm.
  • Finish up my next Bibliobuffet column.
  • Grade the second writing assignment for one class before 3 other classes come sliding in.
  • Read for my other graduate class and post some discussion before the module is due on Sunday.

Things I would rather do:

  • Read The Year of Living Biblically.
  • Watch Big Bang Theory that I DVRed last night.
  • Sleep.

In other news, Daisy has officially become a teenager. I know this because she's been digging an intricate system of tunnels and ditches in the back yard just in case McCain-Palin manage to pull off a victory. She's an Obama supporter, too, ya know. Or she might just be bored. I walked out in the back yard a few minutes ago in an attempt to rescue a potholder she got hold of, and then I noticed that she'd hidden pillow fuzz and potholder stuffing, fake flowers, and an empty Pepsi bottle in several of the holes. Stockpiling.

Never a dull moment around here.

For now, I'm off to shower in hopes of unclogging my head.

P.S. The owl necklace at left arrived in the mail yesterday. I love pretty baubles. They make me not care that I sound like a drunk munchkin when I talk with a stopped up head.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Andi,
    I am waiting patiently for your opinion on THE YEAR OF LIVING BIBLICALLY.
    Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye started digging a big hole yesterday, too! I sure hope they don't know something we don't! :-) We thought about getting little shirts for the boys that say, "Border Collies for Obama". But then we thought about all the mean McCain supporters and decided not to put them through that.

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeleine, I can't wait to give that opinion! I hope I can finish the book this week. I really want to dig in, but I have these pesky work things to do. Boo!

    LOL, Lezlie! Could be! Our pups are smart. And, yeah, I don't think any Obama gear would go over well in our neighborhood. I see McCain signs popping up here and there. The police chief here in my hometown was threatening to put one in our yard yesterday, to which I replied, "Over my dead, rotting corpse."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to having tons of work to do. I feel terrible when I can't squeeze in (what I feel is enough) reading time :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your cold gets better..i don't think it's really about your birthday, it's just that you were born during the cold & flu season! :-)

    i think the dog might want to make some stuff to sell on etsy.

    now go, drink some orange juice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Ophelia! That's why the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon was so cathartic. I did more reading in one day than I usually do in a month.

    LOL, Julie! I think you're right. Cold and flu season blows. Blows noses in fact. Off to eat some vitamin C tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and me both! I'm currently home sick from work. Pleh. I've slept all afternoon and feel somewhat better *knock on wood* but groggy. Need to go take more medicine/happy sleepy pills. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty necklace. Hope you feel better soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus, we do both manage to get sick for our birthdays, don't we? I've got Snot Head, and unfortunately my 29th is just 3 days away.

    Holy shit, my 29th birthday is 3 days away. O_O

    Did you get that necklace from BirdzNBeez on etsy? I have a necklace made from an antique clock that I bought from her, and I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dammit, not a clock, a watch. I am not the steampunkish version of Flava Flav. I blame the Snot Head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, hope you get to feeling better too, Jen!

    Thank you, Marie! I may feel like poo when I teach tomorrow, but I'll be wearing the necklace!

    DF, happy early b-day! And yes, I did get it from birdznbeez! I love them. I'm lucky Heather F. pass them along to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is it that the things you want to do and need to do tend to be very different? I feel this way as well.

    Although my puppy does not not dig (he has no opportunity to do so as we're in an apt), every time we go past this particular house with a pair of huskies, they come out, bark their heads off at us, and start digging at a hole they've made by the edge of the fence. It always makes me laugh... as if they are really going to make it under the fence...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the Read-a-Thon Challenge. I just got caught up on all your posts and think you did a fabulous job. Well done!!

    Beautiful necklace. I love those colors.

    Hope you shake that cold quickly!

    Check this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I feel crappy and sound horrible, I tell people I'm a phone sex operator - it always lightens the mood.

    Please ask Daisy if she can hide me in one of her holes if the election doesn't go our way on the 4th. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, Kim! I think the huskies are just putting on a show. Lookin' cool and all. :)

    Thanks, Les! I hope I shake this cold soon, too. And yayyy for dog lovers for Obama! LOL

    Andi, I'm not sure how familiar you are with country music, but I tell everyone I'm workin' my Tanya Tucker voice. Almost the equivalent of the phone sex operator voice! And Daisy is willing to give shelter to any and all displaced democrats if necessary. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like Daisy is getting ready for the impending collapse of civilization ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I just found your blog and am impressed with how often you post.

    I've read Jacobs' other book, "The Know-it-All". He reads the entire Encyclopaedia Brittanica.

    The Big Bang Theory is one of my favourite shows! It's smart, funny and well-written, not something you can say for most shows.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!